LGBT self hatred

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Selflove

LGBT self hatred

Postby Selflove » Mon May 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi am currently a sophomore In high school. I have a conservative immigrant family, and I am bi. I am a guy, but I like guys a lot more than girls. This has contributed to me feeling very deppresed. I often feel like I have no drive in my life. I feel like I don’t have any goals. The only time when I felt happy was when I had a crush on this for a few months , and even though he didn’t reciprocate it, he was so sweet and made me love myself. A similar thing happened with a girl briefly. It seems like I become happy when I really like someone. Another problem is that I can’t really hangout with my friends because they’re almost all girls, and my parents wouldn’t like that. Also, my parents are extremely toxic and control much of my life. They don’t know that I have an Instagram and a snap chat for one thing. As a result, I can’t really hang out with friends outside of school, and I feel even more confined. It’s hard for me to make friends with guys because either we don’t have similar interests, or I start to have sexual feelings for them. My sexuality is confusing and I feel like it’s kinda problematic. I feel depressed and need help. I hope some people can help me.

SPP

Re: LGBT self hatred

Postby SPP » Tue May 12, 2020 2:58 am

I dont hear hatred - i hear a typical problem that LGBT youth face - conservative parents. It's a struggle, but the whole "it gets better" is true. Find community wherever you can. I had one boyfriend between 14-23. Im now 43 and married to an amazing man. Life does come around on this stuff.

Prycejosh1987

Re: LGBT self hatred

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:37 am

Selflove wrote:Hi am currently a sophomore In high school. I have a conservative immigrant family, and I am bi. I am a guy, but I like guys a lot more than girls. This has contributed to me feeling very deppresed. I often feel like I have no drive in my life. I feel like I don’t have any goals. The only time when I felt happy was when I had a crush on this for a few months , and even though he didn’t reciprocate it, he was so sweet and made me love myself. A similar thing happened with a girl briefly. It seems like I become happy when I really like someone. Another problem is that I can’t really hangout with my friends because they’re almost all girls, and my parents wouldn’t like that. Also, my parents are extremely toxic and control much of my life. They don’t know that I have an Instagram and a snap chat for one thing. As a result, I can’t really hang out with friends outside of school, and I feel even more confined. It’s hard for me to make friends with guys because either we don’t have similar interests, or I start to have sexual feelings for them. My sexuality is confusing and I feel like it’s kinda problematic. I feel depressed and need help. I hope some people can help me.

I dont understand as to why your parents would hate you being around girls when you are a guy. Your taking things way too negative. Being on social media is not a problem. It can be beneficial to your health and you can learn from others and improve communication and make friends in other countries. Social media is a blessing but it can be a curse because there are paedophiles and weirdos out there. It depends how you look at it. Being gay is who you are, your parents and friends might have to accept that whether they like it or not. Eventually everyone will be understanding. Im not gay but i like gay people. I like them more than straight men. Let your feelings out, being confined can put alot of mental strain on you. Good luck.

Return to “Your Story”