Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:19 am
62. The world population of chickens is about equal to the number of people.
63. Women are 37% more likely to go to a psychiatrist than men are. [Well, duh, why do you think they go? The men drive them crazy!]
64. Every time Beethoven sat down to write music, he poured ice water over his head.
65. In 75% of American households, women manage the money and pay the bills.
66. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
67. About 70% of Americans who go to college do it just to make more money. [The rest of us are avoiding reality for four more years.]
68. It's against the law to catch fish with your barehands in Kansas.
69. An estimated 6,000 American teenagers lose their virginity every day.
70. Someone paid $14,000 for the bra Marilyn Monroe wore in Some Like It Hot.
71. Some toothpastes contain antifreeze.
72. Sigmund Freud had a morbid fear of ferns.
73. Millie the White House dog earned more than 4 times as much as Pres. Bush in 1991.
74. Elvis's nickname for his sexual organ was "Little Elvis."
75. Bird droppings are the chief export of Nauru, an island nation in the western Pacific.
76. There are more plastic flamingos in America than real ones. [And most of them are in Parma!]
77. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
78. Lee Harvey Oswald's cadaver tag sold at an auction for $6,600 in 1992.
79. Mosquitos have teeth.
80. Spotted skunks do handstands before they spray.
81. Hypnotism is banned by public schools in San Diego.
82. The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley.
83. When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.
84. Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.
85. Captain Kangaroo won five Emmy awards.
86. In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die.
87. An estimated one in five Americans - some 38 million - don't like sex.
88. Aztec emperor Montezuma had a nephew, Cuitlahac, whose name meant "plenty of excrement."
89. Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark.
90. "Kemo Sabe" means "soggy shrub" in Navajo.
Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 94 guests