Giving a good freind a hug !

Off-and-on topics to brighten your day. Please feel free to comment upon what you've read.

Moderator: Moderators

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 am

((((((((( Ken ))))))))))))

Sending delayed 'nn and hugs' your way. Electrical power off for most of the past couple of days.

Good to hear Fran is doing better and you are in fact getting a handle on things. Not easy but can be done.

Final surgery done, hurts but that goes with it. Cable will be off today, so not sure when I will be back, tomorrow I am hoping.

Do take care....

Warmie

8)

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:02 am

(((((((((((((((( Ken ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((( Warmie))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((( Obayan ))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((( EVERYONE )))))))))))))))))))))))

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:40 pm

(((((((( du family ))))))))))

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:48 am

(((((((((((( Obayan ))))))))))))))))) (((((((((((( Ken )))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((( Dande )))))))))))))))))) ((((((((((((( Lisalou )))))))))))))

((((((((((( Meier )))))))))) (((((((((((( Mich )))))))))))))))))

((((((((( Atheist )))))))))))) (((((((((( Monty ))))))))))))

((((((((((( Darklight32 ))))))))))) ((((((((((((( Grok ))))))))))))))

(((((((((((( everyone)))))))))))))) (((((((((( aim ))))))))))))

((((((((((( Tacking )))))))))))) (((((((((((((( Warmie )))))))))))

In general to everyone we haven't seen for a while......

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks (((( crystalgaze ))))! :) :wink:
Actually, I could do with a hug today. At this moment I'm feeling rather as if my world is composed mainly of fog I can't find a way through, brick walls I keep running into, and things that I either don't know how to do or somehow lack. ( Sigh! :roll: )
Still, I'm trying to " stay with the programme " and see the silver-lining rather than the cloud. I'm reminding myself of something that I saw on Warmsoul's Corner: When you lose something, God isn't taking something away from you, He's just opening your hand to receive something better. ( Or, words to that effect... Thanks (((( Warmie ))))!!!! )
I suspect that my currently depressed/anxious feelings are caused, to a considerable extent at least, by the fact I'm finding it difficult to sleep at the moment. ( As a Guardian-reading, liberal, civil servant, with an interest in obscure areas of history, I would feel fairly confident of my ability to bore anyone else to sleep, but it doesn't seem to work on me! :lol: :wink: ) Still, it's hard to keep a sense of optimism and self-worth, given that my present mood and self-esteem feel so down that coal-miners are probably having to duck to avoid them!
Still, being on this site always cheers me up!
(((( All ))))!!!!

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:10 pm

thanks crystal for that hug and for still remembering me and thinking of me after all this time. sorry everyone i'm not around much. it's just so hard even to go on the computer and read or write anything.

tacking - I know well the depths you speak of and i'm sorry you're so low at the moment. Now tell me,have you been eating enough cheese on toast? seriously though, the lack of sleep will be dragging your mental health way down (and is of course also a classic symptom of depression,what a fun vicious cycle eh?) off the top of my crazy little head here are some ideas -

go to bed and get up at roughly the same times each day to get your bodyclock into a routine
get some exercise in the day but not in the couple of hours before bed
long baths - not just for us girlies!
herbal remedies for anxiety and insomnia
aromatherapy - burning lavender or camomile oil is particularly helpful
play some soothing music at a really low volume as you go to sleep
write down any worries that keep going round in your head then put them away,they can be dealt with in the morning
try taking up meditation to bring your general anxiety levels down - it's the one thing keeping me out of a straightjacket!
think of pleasant things that have happened in the day and things you are grateful for as you prepare for bed
speak to your doctor if it continues and if you're getting so little sleep you can't even focus on an episode of Buffy or Doctor who, then it really would be a case of 'Sunnydale - We have a problem!'

love to you
Lisa

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:03 am

(((( huggs all around! )))

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks for the suggestions (((( Lisa )))). Really good to hear from you!!!! :) I'm always worried about people living so far from civilisatio...I mean Wales! :wink:
I'll try your suggestions and see if they help. I've got to admit that I'm starting to feel a bit dragged down by not sleeping well. Although, I can assure you that episodes of Buffy and Doctor Who, etc still have my full attention. ( I may be a very depressed geek at the moment, but I'm STILL a geek! It's rather an unsettled time at work at the moment, so I've cheered myself up by putting a Firefly picture on my locker at work! 8) :wink: )
Take care of yourself!
(((( All ))))

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Obayan <---- biggest all time geek.... I own the entire 7 seasons of buffy. :)

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Lisalou - also a geek and owner of all 7 seasons of Buffy and many guides to the programme and spin-off books!

I'm glad you've managed to personalise your office a bit Tacking,will cheer you up and might help you feel a bit more secure there. How's the sleep going?

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:11 pm

(((((((((((((((((( Ken ))))))))))))))))))

If you are reading, I so miss you!

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm

(((( Obayan )))) and (((( lisalou )))), geeks after my own heart!!!! I'm impressed by the fact that you both have all 7 seasons of Buffy. 8) Afterall, how can you not love a series that has a male, British, librarian as one of the main characters?! ( And, of course, Giles is sooooo Welsh!!!! Even though he presumably has to pretend to be English to fit in with the rest of the Watcher's Council! :wink: )
I'm still having difficulty sleeping. I've tried going to bed late in an attempt to tire myself out, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I think this is being caused partly by the rather warm and close weather we've been having recently, and partly by the fact that it's been rather an uncertain time at work lately.
Still, I have been writing down positive thoughts in a notebook recently and that has been helping me to stay positive even if I feel a bit low and tired at times in the day. And, by the Grace of God, I'm still putting myself and my life back together gradually. :)
Take care all!!!!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:25 pm

(((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))))))))))))

Just a warm hug to hopefully help out. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks (((( Warmie ))))! The support really does help!!!! :D :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 am

(((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))))))))))))

YW, you always give me a reason to smile, returning the support to you.

Warmie

Return to “Warmsoul's Corner”