Disoriented

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Isis6

Disoriented

Postby Isis6 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm

I've been living with depression for a year and a half. It started last January, one morning i woke up for work and realized i could not move my hands or my legs. I felt paralyzed, i was also in severe pain, from my head to my toe. In the months to come i started suffering from panic attacks, then anxiety. I've been hospitalized to keep stable at one point. However after all this time and after taking so many anti depressants, i also took Lyrica which almost killed me, sleeping tablets but now i feel like nothing is working anymore. i am moving backwards instead of forward. I can't sleep and i have no appetite. i've been seeing a psychologist but it's not helping.

I'm 29, married and mother of 2 and it's hurting my family too because i have isolated myself and i've withdrawn from society more or less.

I just don't know what to do anymore, i have faith that i will get better, but how long does it really take?

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:35 am

Hi. It took a lot of time for you to get where you are and unfortunately, it's going to take some time to recover. But while you are walking that road, know that you are not alone. We are here and we will listen and try to help as best we can.

keluca

Postby keluca » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi welcome to the forums :)

It is so hard when there are others involved (partner and kiddies) I really know how it is there, If you feel that the therapy isnt working (and you have given it time to work) do you feel able to speak with the gp, they may be able to get you a different type of therapy etc.... is it the therapist you dont get on with ..may a change of person.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi and welcome. The amount of time it takes is different for everyone but obayan is right. You didn't get this way over night, and unfortunately it will take more than over night to get better.

Please know you aren't alone in this and there are others that feel like you do.

Holly

findingmyself

Postby findingmyself » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Many of my symptoms were greatly reduced by making sure I didn't eat certain things, while eating more of others. For one, don't eat fast food. The growth hormones are very bad for us. So are the soy fillers for those of us with plenty enough estrogen production as is. Another is salt. Unless you sweat and work out a lot, salt, like the tremendous amount even in sodas deplete potassium from your body. If you don't replace that potassium, it will cause weakness. The other is sugar. It's like a drug that speeds us up and then lets us down fast. It also bombards our thyroids, which can also lead to sleepiness and soreness.
I had to learn the hard way before I changed. I found out how uncomforting comfort foods were. Even now, I'm really tired, and I admit lots of soda drinking has likely played a part in that the past few days.
One thing I also did was add whey protein to my diet and that has helped A LOT. They have flavors for everyone. If you're like me and love chocolate, mixing it with chocolate skim milk reduces cravings for sweets.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Following a healthy diet, getting exercise, therapy, counselors, meditation, these are all tools that are out there for us to use to help us. It was a huge step just coming in here and talking about it. So a big high five to you for that! Please continue to seek help and keep us updated as to how you are doing.

jasikamarshel

Postby jasikamarshel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am

Disorientation is a Confusion is the inability to think with your usual speed or clarity,here a many people discuss their problem first do things what you like and take a healthy food and do exercise regular and spend time with a family and friends this way you come out.

aenasmith

Postby aenasmith » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 am

You need a good psychiatrist for your treatment. You have a problem of depression and I think you have under estimated your self so you need self confidence also so try to think positive and take every thing that happens surround you in positive manner.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:14 pm

A thought, the diabetic diet is a good one. Of course most people don't even try with it, if not dealing with diabetes. But honestly, it is a healthy diet.

Warmie

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”