Insomnia

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

keluca

Insomnia

Postby keluca » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm

I am really tired, I get about 2 hrs broken sleep a night. I don't nap through the day, I try and keep busy in the hope of really warring myself out for the night.

I have flashbacks and cannot seem to control them, I have tried night rescue remedy, calms, and I am on another herbal one at the moment but they don't seem to be working.
I wont take sleeping pills as I need to hear the kids (my middle little one age 8 sleepwalks) and my hubby will sleep through a bomb going off...

What does you do to help yourself with Insomnia?
Maybe some of your techniques may help :)

Thank you

Misty

Postby Misty » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Hello & Welcome Keluca,

There are so many different sleep remedies, but my question is...what is the cause of your insomnia? It might make a difference with the reason you can't sleep. Something too harsh wouldn't be good to take with little ones around, too.

I guess you are very tired and would like a quick answer but if this has been ongoing you have probably tried many things already. Do you have a doctor you could ask?

I don't get much sleep either due to chronic pain and I don't like taking sleeping medications. That is why I asked what keeps you awake because it makes a difference. Please post again and let us know. Meanwhile, take care and I'm glad you found this forum.

Misty

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:07 am

I like tea--every now & then--so I make some when I feel like it. Had some basil tea last night.... I usually brew mint tea...

Sometimes, I'll grab lavender oil & throw that on an aromastone/cotton ball or in an inhaler.... (aromatherapy)... I like mint, too, so I try to keep some of that around as well.

Take care!

nbarts

Postby nbarts » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:34 am

Change your diet. Eat only fruits or veggies 2 hrs before going to bed.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Hello there nbarts! It's just a warm hello & a welcome! :) ~waves~

nbarts

Postby nbarts » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

crystalgaze wrote:Hello there nbarts! It's just a warm hello & a welcome! :) ~waves~

Thanks!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”