Hi everyone,
I'm not really sure where to start, but I think I just need to get this off my chest. Over the past year, my dad's health has been getting worse. He can still do some things on his own, but there are a lot of appointments, paperwork, and little daily tasks that have gradually become my responsibility. I work full-time, so most days I leave work, run errands for him, get home late, and then do it all again the next day. I love my dad, and I don't resent helping him. What I'm struggling with is how exhausted I've become. I feel guilty whenever I want a day to myself because it feels selfish. At the same time, I can feel myself becoming more irritable and withdrawn FNF, and I hate that. I've stopped seeing friends as much because I'm either busy or too tired to go out. Even when I have free time, I don't really enjoy anything anymore. I just sit there feeling mentally worn out. Has anyone here been in a similar situation, taking care of a parent or another family member while trying to keep up with work and life? How did you cope without feeling guilty all the time? I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who's been through something similar.
Has anyone else become completely emotionally drained from taking care of a parent?
Moderators: scarletrose, windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid, Votispoint, TaraG
-
lucaudvardy
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2026 12:18 am
-
cvcbcvb
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:08 am
Re: Has anyone else become completely emotionally drained from taking care of a parent?
I can understand why you’re feeling exhausted. Taking care of someone you love while working full-time can slowly take everything out of you. Wanting some time for yourself doesn’t mean you care about your dad any less. I think sometimes you have to give bitlife permission to rest without feeling guilty.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 184 guests