Will it ever get better?

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

JoAnn9569

Will it ever get better?

Postby JoAnn9569 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:43 am

Hello! I feel like I have always been anxious and depressed, even at a young age. I am now in my 50’s and since February have been having great difficulty dealing with life. What little family I have try to be supportive but it just doesn’t seem to be helping me. I struggle to get through every day. Hoping to find some good chat friends on this forum to help us get through our days

GrimGrinningGhost

Re: Will it ever get better?

Postby GrimGrinningGhost » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Hello back. I feel the same way. I'm in my 40's and I have been depressed for at least 5 years or more. Anxiety has kicked me in the teeth just these past months. Managing the anxiety with meds at the moment because supplements just won't touch it. I too have a few, and when I say few, I mean only two supportive people in my life. I hold onto them for dear life. Sometimes they can make all the difference. Though, many times even that doesn't help. Depression is becoming debilitating. I'm finding it harder and harder to work. I used to be a much more positive person, but now not so much. Any way, sorry for the rant. I'm new here so thought I would reply to your post since I was (am) feeling the same.

mushroom

Postby mushroom » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:49 am

Hello, I feel the same way. It’s not easy. I wish I could feel normal again. It’s not normal to be in bed at 5 pm and struggle to get up every day.

mushroom

Postby mushroom » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:52 am

Hello, I feel the same way and could use some friends who actually understand me, maybe give me some ideas as to start living a happy life again. I’ve tried so many antidepressants. My therapist isn’t helping.

Return to “Your Story”