Is it advisable marry someone with anxiety disorder who takes strattera 5 times a week?

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

NewGirl2019

Is it advisable marry someone with anxiety disorder who takes strattera 5 times a week?

Postby NewGirl2019 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi Team,

Is strattera taken only for anxiety or for something different as well? Could partner be lying?
How do I ensure that I am not entering into wrong relationship/engagement/marriage?

I have talking over phone to my partner since September 2018. I met partner for 3 days last month. Partner never told me until last month about anxiety when we met in person.

Partner lives in a different state(few hours by flight). Partner works and has a decent pay. We are in late 30's.

Any constructive advise is much appreciated!!!

justnobody

Re: Is it advisable marry someone with anxiety disorder who takes strattera 5 times a week?

Postby justnobody » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:07 am

Anxiety aside, it doesn't look like you've spent enough time with them to really know the person. If you consider a further relationship with them, you might want to meet in person more before making the next move. That way you can at least see for yourself how their anxiety may play a role in your relationship.

jess-scott

Re: Is it advisable marry someone with anxiety disorder who takes strattera 5 times a week?

Postby jess-scott » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:02 pm

BurazazuDiary wrote:I am in a depression and I would not recommend marrying me while I have it, tbh. A person needs to fix this within themselves before exposing other people to it.

Hi BurazazuDiary, in response to your thoughts on “ not exposing other people to your depression”. I understand that feeling all to well. I myself do keep people at a distance for that exact reason. I too want to overcome it first, and don’t want to seek connections until I do. However, for some, depression is a life long disease. It may wax and wain, and various treatments may help for a time here and there, but the disheartening reality for some is that it may never be “fixed”. What you seem to be saying in your response to the person asking advise, and what my actions in staying isolated seem to be demonstrating, is that we (those of us with depression) are not worthy of deep fulfilling committed connection. Makes me sad. (BTW I am not judging) just expressing my take. Hope you find peace.

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:06 am

Hi NewGirl2019,

I did a quick Google search on Strattera. It appears to be a treatment for ADHD. The drug does not appear to be used specific for anxiety, but may be prescribed for ADHD with coexisting anxiety.

Here are some links with more information on the drug…

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26579704
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6462 ... al/details
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5304987/

As for the relationship itself, only you can decide if you want to enter into a marriage contract to someone with anxiety. Just make sure you know more about it, the possible challenges that you will face, and if you are willing to live with someone with anxiety. It is definitely doable, but just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into first. Try discussing it with your partner.

Based on what you described, you are in a long-distance relationship. Therefore, it may be wise to first go on many more dates with him in person before you even consider choosing him as your life partner. After all, you only marry once.

Once married, there is no going back. So take your time, and choose wisely.

All the best.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:09 pm

NewGirl2019 wrote:Hi Team,

Is strattera taken only for anxiety or for something different as well? Could partner be lying?
How do I ensure that I am not entering into wrong relationship/engagement/marriage?

I have talking over phone to my partner since September 2018. I met partner for 3 days last month. Partner never told me until last month about anxiety when we met in person.

Partner lives in a different state(few hours by flight). Partner works and has a decent pay. We are in late 30's.

Any constructive advise is much appreciated!!!

Your partner wants you to confirm you still want a relationship with her/him despite having anxiety. Its testing you to see if you will remain loyal. I dont fault her for doing that. If your not sure about it. Then stick with her and help her through it and then after awhile, make a choice. You help her overcome this, and you will have a partner for life.

Return to “New Member Introductions”