Going through a difficult time...

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

keepholdingon

Going through a difficult time...

Postby keepholdingon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Hello! My name is Katie and I'm new to the forums. I've been battling depression since I was 14 (now I'm 24) and I've been anxious since childhood. I see a therapist and have taken medication (Lexapro) since 2008. I had been feeling a little better, but lately, I've been having a hard time. I've been dealing with stress at my job and with my family (my dad has his own issues, and his moods can be very unpredictable). I've also made a new friend at work, but I'm really shy and insecure. Whenever I see her interacting with other people, I feel like she likes them better than me/doesn't like me, which I know isn't true. I haven't been able to shake this terrible sadness. I cry or feel like crying every day. Everything seems like it takes too much effort. I took a nap the other day and told my mom, "Those 2 hours where I didn't feel or think anything were the best part of my day." The sadness and anxiety actually hurt - I get this feeling of heaviness in my chest. I honestly can't remember the last full day where I didn't feel that pain. :( I'm just so tired of everything.

Diann Bernardo

Re: Going through a difficult time...

Postby Diann Bernardo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:21 am

Sorry for your sadness and especially the crying? Are you seeing a therapist? Ask your doctor about your meds.

Cordially,

[email protected]

Golda Dilema

Re: Going through a difficult time...

Postby Golda Dilema » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:08 pm

It will do you good to take a rest or have little breaks daily. It will also do you good to do aromatherapy, go for a spa and massage.

You have survives yesterday and today is a new day so enjoy it. Do not be anxious because you will handle whatever comes your way. You are stronger than you think you are. You are able to face whatever challenges that will come your way because you are born to be courageous and able to do whatever it is that you need to do and overcome.

Be optimistic and fill your mind with happiness and goodness. What are the things or activities that make you happy? Do them so long as they won't harm you. You are important and needed. It will do you real good to help others too. Smile and again be happy.

Return to “Profiles”