Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

JoeFriend

Hello

Postby JoeFriend » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi,

I have my fair share of struggles. Depression is one of them it seems. I have a lot of experience helping others in tough times... but it appears I can't help myself. I know I need help, I just can't afford it, so I came here.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi JoeFriend. Welcome to the forum. Are you in the United States? The reason why I ask most places in the United States have places you can go through the county, and get treatment at little or no cost just not enough people are aware of them. You made a good step by reaching out here. Please feel free to use the chat room as well.

hollyann

JoeFriend

Postby JoeFriend » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:12 am

I do live in the US. In Wilmington North Carolina to be exact. But I haven't exactly found a place I could afford. The cheapest one was a group session for thirty dollars :/ If you have any leads I'd be appreciative.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 am

Sometimes if you call a crisis line in your area, they can point you in the right direction. Often giving you a referral to get in sooner. Another thing to try is to call your local health depeartment. Or you social services department. Explain that you need help for your depression. That you don't have any insurance and need to be seen somewhere on a sliding scale level. If one place says they don't know any place like that. Try the next. The main thing is not to give up. Help is out there.

I hope this helps and hope you are able to find something. Keep me posted please.

holly

Return to “New Member Introductions”