Bella

Pictures you’d like to share with others. Also see the main Media Gallery.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Arryn, Frame

Jtw

Bella

Postby Jtw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:38 am

This is Bella in her glory days. She started life as a BMW 650cc motorcycle. She was owned by a learner and I bought her as a commuter, cheap transport for kicking around on, as well as taking down green lanes at the weekend.
She evolved and got a lot of money spent on her. She then became my weapon of choice in the fight against depression, carrying me through 23 countries (so far), 5 war-zones and through deserts, over mountains and over hostile terrain. She never put a foot wrong. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she doesn't actually have a foot!

Starbuck

Re: Bella

Postby Starbuck » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:08 am

The love you have for her is palpable :wink:

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:26 am

You got that, did you? Sadly I lent her to my travel companion and he accidentally set fire to her in Thailand. After putting the fire out (which i had to tell him to do on the phone because he hadn't figured it out for himself) he repaired the wiring and carried on. She took a lot of damage but still got him home.
I stripped her to the last nut and bolt and she's almost back on the road. Her touring days are behind her and she's now going to be living in semi-retirement as an urban scrambler.

Starbuck

Postby Starbuck » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:21 pm

You did good :)

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:36 pm

She'll be back on the road this year. At the moment I have a road bike that I use daily. She's a Honda X11, a naked Honda Super Blackbird. It's an incredibly fast bike, probably not a good choice for a man with suicidal depression but I challenge anyone to get off of it without a smile on their face!

chrissycallaway45

Postby chrissycallaway45 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:48 am

I use to be so depressed regarding my life and children due to my husband's alcoholism. Through his treatment and the counseling we both received, I feel hope! I feel that my children have a future and don't have to endure an alcoholic father. His counselor even helped me with my depression and suggested an online forum like this to receive support. I'd appreciate if everyone in here could assist me with displaying my appreciation and support my gratitude towards his treatment agency. Please like! https://goo.gl/maps/URQMqvn9hmq

Starbuck

Postby Starbuck » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:58 pm

All I can say is... stay safe :)

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 am

Fingers crossed! I'm selling the X, I think. It's so impractical that's it's a bit too much.

Return to “Picture Gallery”