Which Holiday or special day do you find the hardest?

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:28 pm

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:37 pm

(((((((((Tigger)))))))))) (((((((((((all)))))))))))

Yes, there are two ways of looking back at the past. I think I seem to look back in a negative way mainly... "I could have done that differently, I could have done this better."

Then, additionally, the past is a definite yard-stick in my opinion. As Tigger said, there are things that I look back on and see how I've grown as a person; lol, but mainly it seems the opposite - a frustrating lack of personal growth and achievement.

*stephen notes he's the most cheery of charactors on this forum* (sarcasm for you).

Hope you have a good day to anyone reading this.

Stephen.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:29 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:35 am

((((((((((((((((((((((Stephen))))))))))))))))))))))

There is nothing wrong with seeing the past, even if it is negative, just as long as you learn from it. There is always a lesson to be learned, each and everyday. Some aren't always pleasant, but you know, every once in awhile we get that special day that seems to make up for so much. When those days do happen, cherish them.

Shhhh's now and step down off of soap box.

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:30 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:12 am

Stephen, I think you need to retrain your mind! I had to learn to change the negative into positive, not in a false way, like "life is wonderful, the sun is shining, and I'm going to conquer the world"!! But acknowledging what I was feeling, and then change it....

as in "ok, yes I know I could of done things different.... so next time I will learn from that and do it this way"
"yes maybe I could have done that better, but I am human and make mistakes, I will learn from that, and next time try a bit harder"

Often I say this stuff outloud! (as long as no one can hear me!) helps me change the way I think somewhat. Does take time to form this new habit, but it does work

Tigger
xxxxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:31 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:39 am

(((((((((((((((((((Tigger))))))))))))))))

How did you get so wise sweetie?

Smile

Love to you

Warmie

8)

LThomas

Postby LThomas » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:51 pm

Tigger's gotten even more wise since hanging out with me!!! Razz

xxx Lisa xxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:34 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:41 pm

You think???? :P

Warmie

8)

Corey

Postby Corey » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:01 pm

even though i chose a specific day i think they can all have their own reasons for being hated. i think holidays are tough even at the best of times without having depression or anxiety or anything else for that matter.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:52 pm

((((((((((((((((((((Corey)))))))))))))))))

Have found holidays hard to get through, but you know there is always those "other" days that get rough.

So many time I wonder why bother getting up. Why bother do the daily unevenful motions of life? Will something I do or don't do really matter? Who would know?

Depression doesn't take a holiday, it reaches down deep inside and destroys so much. Was asked lately "Why are you depressed? You can snap out of it if you wanted." If I knew why, then maybe I wouldn't be depressed and I can snap out of it???? I CAN??? Why doesn't someone share this "miracle" with me, with you with the world for God sakes.

I don't live the perfect life, I don't know the perfect life. Not asking for that actually. Just some peace of mind, days that I want to see the sun shining, watching the snow fall or the birds fly. Days I could go out and face the world in what ever manner with out panic and fear.

Sorry for rambling, saying maybe too much. Think I need to stay with just the posting in the Corner trying to help make someone smile just for a moment.

Love to you Corey

Love to anyone who might take the time to read my mumblings. Don't normally do that.

Warmie

8)

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:39 pm

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:30 pm

(((((((Tigger)))))))))

Very wise words. You’re right, I need to remind myself of my CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and CAT (Cognitive Analytical Therapy) teachings.

Thing is, as much as I try and try to “reprogram” my thinking, it only works to the smallest degree and it gets so frustrating. Perseverance I guess is the answer.

Perhaps saying things out loud to myself would help, will certainly make sure there’s no one around first!

How are you getting on?

(((((Corey)))))

I agree with you, holidays/special occasions are often hard for those without depression as well. And oh god they’re all certainly very hard when you are depressed (in my opinion)!

((((((Warmsoul))))))))))

I didn’t read any ramblings! And I’m glad you shared what was on your mind, so please don’t only hide yourself in the corner. As you’ve said yourself, we’re all here to help each other, so surely it’s positive you felt able to share your feelings with us?

I relate to what you say, especially why bother even getting out of bed etc. Hmm, sometimes I don’t, particularly in mid winter when it’s just so cold, dark and damp in the UK.

If someone does let you into the secret "of the miracle cure", then please pass it on to me!

Remember we're here for you Warmie, as you always are for us.

Stephen.

LThomas

Postby LThomas » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:40 pm

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:27 am

hmmm I am now trying to retrain myself into thinking that holidays are just basically a way to get timeoff from work!! lol

That way I can sit here on my computer ... catch up on warmsoul's corner, nag dAaAdmin (wonders if I got the a's right?) about posting pictures, bounce on IM with tigger, poke Stephen about where I might have met him before even if I didn't, toss fishes at the duck and chat away the night away with corey and jellybean on IM LOL

Have I missed anything else I could be doing????

xxx Lisa xxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:41 pm

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:20 pm

((((((((((((((((((((Stephen)))))))))))))

Oh yeah, lots of rambling from me, and will keep a "lid" on that, promise you that.

My manner of helping is posting, replying, hopefully giving some "smiles, sunshine and love" to those that read in the Corner. That is my goal. As you will note, I don't have answers, sorry.

I know you offer much kindness and understanding, and I appreciate that, I really do.

((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))))

Thank you for all replies in the Corner, I do appreciate this.

No I think you covered everything, way to go, LOL.

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Corey

Postby Corey » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:42 pm

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:46 pm

(((((((((( warmie my sunshine )))))))))) i love reading the things in your corner. i have missed it so much. you always bring a smile to my face or a thought to my mind.

LThomas

Postby LThomas » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:43 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:39 am

((((warmie)))) yeah I love the corner too ... but then you probably already figured that out huh?

xxx Lisa xxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:44 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:36 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Corey and Lisa))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you.

Love to both of you

Warmie

8)

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:45 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:52 am

Hi again everyone!

Boy, LOADS of replies since I last checked here.

Warmsoul, I would notice if you weren't around, I would miss you. I would also miss the corner.

Stephen, I found the CBT stuff took a LONG time to change in me!! Its like for so long I heard "your no good, you don't matter" etc etc, it took ages to replace those with "you are worth something, you do matter" and I'm still not completely there, I still slip back. Keep working on it, and it does change eventually!! Saying it outloud definately helps me, makes it more concrete somehow

I think maybe we should cancel all holidays in the future!
Tigger
xxxxxxxx

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”