Just some thoughts and a Thankyou.

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

sarlu02

Just some thoughts and a Thankyou.

Postby sarlu02 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:27 pm

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:15 am

(((((((((((((friends))))))))))))

It occured to me today, the meaning of true friendship. To me, true friends are ones who not only stick by you through thick and thin, are there when you need a shoulder and ear, the ones you call at 4am when you are desperate, in trouble and need to hear a voice, will give you a cup of sugar if you need it, and even a kick up the bum at times too. A true friend is also so much more. I also believe true friends are ones where you dont have to talk for weeks and weeks, but can still pick up where you left off last time. I believe that true friends dont only take in a friendship, but also give. I believe that true friends are honest with each other no matter what and I believe that true friends always have their mates best interests at heart.

Theres a quote around that says something about when you make a fool of yourself, your true friends dont think you have done a permanent job. There have been so many times when ive made a fool of myself, but today I thought about the people in my life who still let me know they love and care about me, despite my mistakes. Those are my true friends. Ones who accept me for ME. ALL of me. Even the parts they may dislike about me, they still accept me, for who and what I am.

Thinking back over the last two or so years, I can count on two hands the true friends in my life. The ones I can proudly call true and very real friends. I love all of my friends, and want them to know how close to my heart they are and how grateful I am to have them in my life. I would love to make this post about all of them too. This one however is for someone I dont think knows how much they mean to so many people. This is aimed at that person.

In saying all that, this person is one I feel who I havent shown my appreciation for as much as I could and should have.

Warmsoul,

We have had a bumpy past at times havent we? But, as my beliefs of true friends stand, after weeks and at times months of not talking, we always have picked up where we finished off. You have told me to be careful at times, to perhaps not do this or think about something first before doing it. Most of those times I didnt listen. I went ahead and did what I wanted and whatever the consequences discovered them. One thing though, through it all you never left me. You never said, " I told you so" and you never rejected me when I came back to you apologising. You gave me space and you stayed. Like true friends do. You have always looked out for me, despite how I have been towards you. Thankyou.

You have no idea how you starting the corner back up made me smile that night you told me. The thought of having a place to go back to when I needed to smile and just not think, but read interesting, sweet and funny things. To be able to sit back, take off my shoes and just relax after a bad day and even a good day, has done more for not just me, but others than you could ever know. The hours you spend looking for things to post for us and others shows your dedication to not only yourself and this site, but your friends and the ones you love.

I want to tell you how much I and im sure everyone else appreciate you and what you do. You truly are that special friend, and someone who gives her all constantly. At times your going to feel down, and your going to wonder about things. Never fear my friend, you always have a special spot in mine and so many others hearts. To each of your friends, you are not only a friend, but a TRUE friend. Remember that.

Keep smiling and shine on Gem.

Love you lots

Lil Red one.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:28 pm

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:32 pm

(((((((((((((MyLittleRedOne)))))))))))))))

Oh dear. What do I say? As I started reading I was totally agreeing with you. Seeing the time and thoughts you have put into what you were saying. Yes I agree with your thoughts, your words, the inspiration you were giving to so many. Then........rest is history.

After having a good cry, I need to tell you that you are that friend you described. I always want you to be careful, not to let people get into your mind or break your heart. People that care are those that give friendship no matter who you are, what you have or don't have, doesn't matter your looks, your education. Friends see the real person that you are, and give from the heart. This is My Little Red One.

Sarlu, the Corner was stopped for certain reasons that are still clear in my mind. But along came these wonderful people, and gave me the opportunity to start the Corner again. They have hearts of gold and understood how I felt doing the Corner a year back. They opened the doors to their site, chat room and hearts to me. What a special gift this was. What wonderful and kind people they are. With the past I felt a wall going up but they took it down, gave me hope, made me believe and care again. I bow to these caring souls and thank them.

The Corner, which I don't know how to describe, is here. I love reading and sharing. That's all hon. Yes I do get down, sometimes really way down, but along comes My Little Red One and makes me pick myself up and get on with business. Your encouragement has always been a strong factor in our friendship. Along with so many others, Tigger, jellybean, corey, LThomas, Ame, Flossy, Ducky, Stephen (the new kid on the block) and the Admin., all giving me "that" reason. At the times that I couldn't have done it on my own.

Friendship comes from the heart, and it takes two for this gift. Thank you for bringing this to me.

Thank you for taking the time to write this, and yes you embrrassed me, but I am truly touched and thankful for the words from a very dear and wonderful friend. Having the cry from something so precious is good.

Always lots of sunshine, smiles and love for you. From my heart to you, thank you.

Love you lots and lots MyLittleRedOne.

Warmie

8)

LThomas

Postby LThomas » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:30 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:03 am

(((((((((((((((aussie))))))))))))) what a wonderful post sweetie .. you are a gem you know that????

(((((((((((((((warmie))))))))))))

((((((((((((((everyone reading this))))))))))))))) precious people!

xxx Lisa xxx

flossy

Postby flossy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quoteEdit/Delete this postDelete this postView IP address of poster

((((((((((((((((((mylilaussiesis)))))))))))))))) awwww *sniff* what a beautiful post my friend! I treasure the friendship that we have, always there for each other for encouragement, support and guidance. And theres nothing that we DONT talk about lolol :lol: And you make me laugh...and that is a very special gift, and us aussies "get" each other :lol: :lol:

((((((((((((((((((mywarmie)))))))))))))) Sarlu put this soooo well that all i can say is "DITTO" I'm sorry i havnt been around as much lately dear lady..........and a huge thankyou for bringing back the corner and for all you do to make it a wonderful place to come and a refuge from all the worries of the world...i love you,

yourflossy *hugs*

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:32 pm

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:45 am

(((((Warmie)))))

I just wanted to say thank you so much for being there online for me, so so so many times when I've been down.

I do appreciate all your support. Just wanted to let you know.

Talk to you soon,

Stephen.

((((Sarlu)))))

I agree with all you said about true friendships, and their great importance at the end of the day.

((((Flossy))))

Good to see you again.

(((((((((All))))))))))

Stephen.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:33 pm

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:06 am

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Warmsoul)))))))))))))))))))))) you ARE a special person, and whatever anyone did before, they cannot take away from that.

I LOVE the fact that the corner is back again. I don't read every day, I don't reply to every post, but every time I need somewhere safe just to be, that corner of the internet is back again and its wonderful

Thanks for all you do and all you are Warmsoul
Love
Tigger
xxxxxxxxxxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:34 pm

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:22 am

(((((((((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))))))))))))) thank you for the hugs, so nice to get from you

(((((((((((((((((((MyFlossy)))))))))))))))))))) thank you for giving me the support you do and the love that comes with it.

I am so indebted to the wonderful on this site, for giving me the chance, bringing some sunshine back into my life. Their faith in me blows my mind.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Stephen))))))))))))))))))))))))))) You are always there for me, don't forget. Here for you always for you pick me up and dust me off and then push me to be myself again. What a gift you are.

((((((((((((((((((((((((Tigger)))))))))))))))))))))) You are always special to me. We go a few years back and I feel you are a true blessing to so many, in so many ways. Just glad my name is on that list.

(((((((((((((((((((((((MyLittleRed))))))))))))))))))))))) see what you started? LOL ty sweetie.

Love to all of you, and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Warmie

8)

sarlu02

Postby sarlu02 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:35 pm

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:51 am

What I started?! I just stated the truth Smile

Love you lots

Lil Red One

ps. Big hugs xx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:36 pm

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 pm

(((((((((((((((LittleRedOne))))))))))))))))))))))))

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”