trying to work on my self-esteem

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

hopefulness

trying to work on my self-esteem

Postby hopefulness » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi,
I'm really trying to work on my self-esteem at the moment. I'm not one for hobbies, can't afford the gym, and have no creative talents (drawing, music, etc)...
Any ideas folks.

I work silly hours and am a single mum too so time is an issue.
I'm hoping if I can build my self-esteem then it might help with the bouts of depression

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi Hopefulness,
Your name actually gave me an idea for you. You can work on a virtue or two to build your self esteem. By making yourself a better person you will have something to point to to say, "Yeh, I did that and I can do even more."
Some virtues that you can consider are thirftiness, courtisey, compassion, integrity, kindness, loyality, love, mercy,modesty,prudence, or responsibilty. No money or extra time are needed. Our kids and co-workers give us plenty of opportunities to work on many of these virtues. Be careful to limit yourself to one or two virtues a year. That gives you time to master it before moving on to the next one. That will give you a sense of acomplishment. Everyone around you will also benefit from watching you grow and become a better person. Take care.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:39 pm

(((((((((((( hopefulness ))))))))))))))

Welcome to the forums, hope to see you posting more. Have you considered volunteer work? Just a thought.

Warmsoul

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”