lonliness

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 am

I believe that my loneliness and depression come from the fact that I dwell for too long on myself. No one can possibly satify the fantasy life I have created in my mind. When it doesn't happen I feel abandoned and lonely which is followed by depression. By focusing on my husband, and loving him instead of expectig him to treat me like a princess, I have made myself more loveable to him. He has generously responded with more affection then I could have imagined. Now, I am more perceptive to my husbands mood and feelings of well being. I no longer take his alone time as personal rejection because I realize that he is in a large amount of pain some days. I was sooooo selfish. I only thought about how I felt. His phyiscal pain didn't register in my mind. All that mattered was how I felt. By being hyper-focused on my feelings, I drove away the person that I wanted most. I am my worst enemy in that respect.

That does not mean that I am neglecting myself. My reward for being a more responsible wife (more affection from my husband) has been the best antidepressant I have ever taken. By taking better care of the kids and honoring and respecting my husband I have created a better home atmosphere where he feels better about being here with us, taking care of us. Everyone wins. My life is better now that I love my husband selflessly, just like Jesus taught us.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:15 pm

I am glad your husband found something to help him thru his depression. I hope someday you do too. True happiness can only be found on the inside of ourselves, not in an external source. Anything external can be fleeting. I really do hope this ideology works for you. Good luck

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Jeanne, I'm glad you found your source of happiness and that its working for you.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 pm

I'm glad you found a way to be happy. :)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 am

religion[1]: Rule 9 This website has no religious undertones, or any bias to one particular religion. We insist that you are mindful and show consideration of others religious ? or non religious ? beliefs. ?Preaching? to others about your own personal religious beliefs is not allowed. Members of the chat rooms must show mutual respect, tolerance and understanding.

Jeanne, one of your post in this thread has been deleted. This site is world wide and has many different cultures and beliefs in here, therefore we do not preach or go into religion so as not to offend anyone. Thank you.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”