lonliness

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Jeanne

lonliness

Postby Jeanne » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:00 am

Does anyone know if loneliness causes drepression or does the depression cause the loneliness?

am surrounded by people, but always feel so alone.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 am

(((((((((((( Jeanne ))))))))))))

Good question. The answer, guess there isn't really one. Seems they just kind of go hand in hand for the most part. Well, they do for me.

Warmie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Sometimes lonliness can be the cause of our depression. Sometimes in our depression we tend to push people away and isolate ourselves causing the lonliness. But I agree with ((( jeanie ))). They go hand in hand.

Jeanne

lonliness

Postby Jeanne » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:48 pm

That is how it seems to go with me. The loneliness and the depression seem to come on simultaneously and then they feed off eachother until I am in a real emotional mess. It's hard to tell which one came first. Much appreciate your input.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:53 pm

((((((((((((( Jeanne ))))))))))))

Hope posting your thoughts and feelings here, sharing, will help you get through it at the moment.

We do care, so please keep trying.

Warmie

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Thank you. It has helped.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 pm

((((((((( Jeanne ))))))))))))))

Good, then I will look for more from you. Welcome to the family, we care and will be here for you.

Warmie

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:29 pm

((((((((((((((((( Sharon and Lindsay ))))))))))))))

Thanks, seems we need to keep a real close check on this 'princess'.

Jeanie

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Warmie, I think your name is very fitting. Everyone has made me feel very welcome here. Thank you for your support and care. God bless you.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:29 pm

((((((((((((( Jeanne ))))))))))))))

Consider us the second family. You won't be alone if we can help it.

Bless you and your family, will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, promise.

Warmie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Jean, welcome home sweetie. You are not alone. You have a family here.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:06 am

((((((((((((( Jeanne ))))))))))))

Your family grows! Ready for all of us?? :)

Warmie

shelpmagazine

Re: lonliness

Postby shelpmagazine » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:06 am

Excessive loneliness can lead to Depression if not prevented. Feeling sad, unhappy, "down in the dumps," or even miserable, is natural. Many of us have experienced these moods for short periods at certain points in our lives. What is important is that you have to know what is it that makes you feel lonely. When you understand the reason behind your loneliness, it will make it easier to deal with. Here are some tips on how to deal with loneliness:

Join an online community.

Join a club, gym, etc.

Volunteer in your free time.

Challenge yourself to meet someone new.

Get outside more - go for a walk, to a park, a café, etc.Remember that loneliness is a normal human emotion that almost everyone feels at some time or another. In most cases, you will work through it on your own.

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi Shelpmagazine,

It is great to meet you! Thank you for your response. I have learned the trigger to my loneliness. It seems that I get in my own way too much.

When my husband's arthitis flares up he retreats. Instead of showering him with love and support, I retreat from him as well, whining about how unfair it all is. The most embarassing part is that I don't acknowledge how much pain he is in. I break our wedding vows by no longer funtion as a team. Then I feel overwhelmed, over burdened, and all alone.

Instead of focusing on my feelings, I need to focus on self-sacrificial love for my husband. After all, this is also the time that he needs my support and love the most.

My depression also flares when I focus too much on my feelings. If I get too introspective I lose touch with the other people in my life. I stop giving to them and wallow in self pitty, worsening my depression.

Moral of the story: self sacrificial love is healthier than self-focused love. Keep reaching out to others!!!!!

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 pm

It's good to want to reach out and help others but at some point you will have to take care of yourself as well or you won't be able to keep it up. If you truely want to make life better for your husband than work on making life better for you too. It's a partnership. Marriage is rarely ever 50/50. I found it's always 40/60. Sometimes one needs more than the other and it switches as to who is 40 and who is 60 depending on the situation. It's not a break in your vows to need help. I found that one of the most responsible things we can ever do is ask for help when we need it. One of the hardest is accepting that help once we find it.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”