Being Strong For Yourself

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

crystalgaze

Being Strong For Yourself

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Hello everyone! I have had a lot on my mind lately, & I wanted to share this latest bit, as I think it might be worth sharing. Of course, it is aimed at psychologist/psychiatrist visits, but it also can be applied to living life.

I will do this in a few posts....

EDIT: I was feeling a bit passionate.... Blame the Sonic Rivals music + Spagonia Rooftop Run (Day Stage) music.... ~rofl~ (THANKS SEGA!)

& also I had a Karamus moment from out of the Legend of Heroes video game (Karamus is a writer who the main character encounters throughout the game; the main character helps him get through his writer's block). Thanks Nihon Falcom & Bandai! :lol: (Pardon my video game outburst....) :lol:

I may even have to thank my psychologist visit, as I probably might not be as revved up with this topic as I am now. :lol:

Also, if anyone wants to add, please DO SO! Write Be Strong For Yourself + what you think....

Be Strong For Yourself:

Do not let anyone shake your foundations.
Hold fast to your beliefs, unless you find that there is something that could be improved.

Hold fast to your foundations because you must be weary of people trying to manipulate you for their own ends & influencing you in ways that you need not be influenced.

Remember, the excuse "he/she made me do it" does not hold up anywhere.

(Of course, it is not all people. I do not fear the people here at this forum. This is more for the people in real life--whom we don't know intimately & even whom we know intimately.

I have not said the above to be paranoid; I am requesting that you take care of yourself.)
Last edited by crystalgaze on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

crystalgaze

Being Strong For Yourself (Pt. 2)

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Be Strong For Yourself...

Remember that your life is for you & that it is not a democracy. Your life is not up for debate or discussion.
You don't need anyone's approval to live your life. You don't need anyone to agree with you about what you think.

You are not asking any human's permission to live. You are capable of making your own decisions, as you know that with any decision, there is a CONSEQUENCE.

You don't need anyone to agree with your opinion. You are entitled to yours & they are entitled to theirs, but it is NOT that you must fold to what they believe or vice versa.
Last edited by crystalgaze on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crystalgaze

Be Strong For Yourself (Pt. 3)

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Be Strong For Yourself:

I know things may be hard, but you can do it.... I can do it....
Please continue to have faith & believe in all that you are, your abilities & your worth.

You are worth something. How valuable you are, depends on how you see yourself. So... Please get to editing & reworking how you feel about yourself.... Even when you don't think much of yourself, your inherent worth is still there; great traits are probably present. It's whether you can see them or not.

I am a diamond.... I am 24 carat gold... I am platinum.... I am the most precious, rarest ore known to man (& maybe even the universe).... That's right.... I am going to build myself up for me. It's not to have a chip on my shoulder but to help blast away the darkness that eats at my skin.
Last edited by crystalgaze on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

crystalgaze

Be Strong For Yourself (Pt. 4)

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Be Strong For Yourself

Don't allow anyone to plant seeds of doubt in your mind about who you are. Who/what you are is for YOU to find out--not for anyone else to dictate--so other people can just butt out already.
Input is nice from trustworthy sources (people who you believe will not harm you).

Please don't get me wrong... I am not saying to reject what EVERYONE says.... I am, instead, saying be careful.

Be Strong For Yourself....

Strength is there, even when you think you have none.

to avoid people walking all over you & making you a mockery....
Last edited by crystalgaze on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crystalgaze

Be Strong For Yourself (Pt. 5)

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 pm

because you are a diva--a bad*** person--in your own right & in the best possible most positive way way to saythat--& can beat down/contain whatever comes your way....

(I'm not sure of what the male version of diva would be, so any knowledgeable people, please help me out with that one.)
Last edited by crystalgaze on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Be Strong For Yourself

but also.... remember to relax....

(This 1 is for me especially....) Relaxing isn't easy but I will try....

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Excellent thoghts (((( crystalgaze ))))! And very timely, been having to work at shoring up my self-esteem in the past few days. So, this post really helped me!!!!
I'd have to say that I'm not really sure of the male version of a diva, or indeed if there is such a thing....... :?
However, I do have certain bad*** " coping " role models...
Lt. Columbo, not obviously a bad***, but once he's got a murderer " in his sights ", he stays on the trail and is comfortable enough with himself to be unfazed by any mind-games or tricks the murderer may use to try to through him off the trail.
Humphrey Bogart, who was a bad*** idealist in Casablanca, and other movies!!!!
And, of course, John McClaine in the Diehard movies, who loved his wife, even with all the trouble she got him into!!!! :shock: :wink:

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 am

Tacking, so glad it was helpful! ^_^ ((((((((((((Tacking)))))))))))))))

I come back & read it myself a few times....

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:04 pm

I am revisiting this thread....

Right now.... I feel like I am being strong for myself. I do have some odd moments, but it has been hard to tell what they are exactly--mostly mild but still something that could be cause for concern at the same time.

I feel as though I have been reset at the moment. The best I can describe it is slight fog with clarity at the same time.

Lately, I've been pretty calm, and I have been glad for that. Perhaps, I even enjoyed myself a little bit. :lol: (Absolutely rare)

Whatever it is, I think I am a bit glad for it because I don't feel as needy as I can feel at times. However, my neediness would be quite justified, since I don't really anyone I could talk with, socialize, etc.

There is 1 person and he doubles up as somewhat of a temporary love interest and friend. We are not able to spend a lot of time together. At first, it bothered me but not so much so now. We had our first major fight, etc and I managed to purge my negative feelings.

What I have been left with is an unexplainable strength. I would almost venture to say it is spiritual in nature, but I'm not 100% sure.

Well.... I will hope for continued better days.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 pm

I have forgiven my past but will never forget. I have mourned my lost loves but keep their memories deep within me. I have watched as my daughter moved off into her own life and yet still share a part of that. I have accepted my life and found a sense of peace inside of me that is growing more each day. I am a survivor. I am a good person. I have a warm heart. I have an honest tongue. I have a sharp brain. I am strong. But more than anything else, I am thankful.

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:25 pm

I agree with you (((( crystalgaze )))), I too think that it is important to keep the hope of continued better days!
I also feel the same way as (((( Obayan )))), I'm thankful to have weathered a couple of months that have been depressing and anxious for me, but thankfully have left me realising how capable and blessed I am, at least in some ways. And, that I need to concentrate on my strengths and blessings, rather than my weaknesses and fears. :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:27 pm

((((((((((((( All )))))))))))))))

Being true to yourself, everything else will fall into place. What I believe.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am

It has been a bit rough lately, but I managed to pull through somehow. (I had an allergic reaction again.)

I will continue to hope for better days & work toward that hope.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:15 am

((((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))))

Important thing is you did it! Warm thoughts coming to you.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:44 pm

I am finally beginning to be better able to stand up to people.

I am very happy for myself.

The problem before was not being able to see through whatever shenanigan people were presenting to me. I guess something somewhere has finally clicked, & I am able to see through the BS.

I'm pretty glad to be maturing properly because I was very concerned about how I handle things.

Thank goodness. Now, if I can just keep this up, I'll be just fine!

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”