The Random Thoughts Thread, possible triggering material

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:07 am

This is a possible trigger.

I was watching TV.... You know, it was one of those few times I was glued & there was a special on child criminals.

The 1st case I saw was very heartbreaking to me. There was a boy of about 14 & girl of about 8. The girl ended up dying--at the hands of the teen. (She didn't deserve that.)

From all that I could gather, it was an accident of some sort, at least the beginning part of it.

The boy and the girl were neighbors. I think she came over or something like that. The girl is dead & the boy is in jail with a life sentence.

Why am I peeved about the whole situation? In the TV special & the trial, the one thing that nobody said, which I feel should have been said is that: Both sets of parents are PARTLY to blame BECAUSE they left their children unsupervised. If SOMEBODY--SOME 1 OF THE ADULTS--had been around watching them, MAYBE the situation wouldn't have gone the way it did.

The boy & girl suffered for their parents' negligence.

NO, I DON'T THINK WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT. Even he doesn't think what he did was right. The boy's parents have never been like: He wasn't wrong.

It really bugged me out when the parents for the victim were on their high horse about the boy being a monster, etc. etc. Well, where were they? Why did they send their 8 yr old girl child to go play with a boy close to 2x her age? Come now. What could they really have in common? I mean where was their judgment? I can understand them being upset, but as far as I see it, they have not faced themselves in the mirror about their own shortcomings that came into play.

What I also didn't like about the TV Special was that I feel it wasn't detailed enough, so perhaps there was a slant from the start?

The reason I mention the parents is that I had a neighbor that used to send their children over all the time when I was young. The parents didn't want to deal with their children & would always try to leave it for someone else to do. Something similar like what happened with the boy & girl above could have easily occurred. I count my neighbor's children as being very lucky.

In the end, it's not about blame. It's the result that's disturbing--2 lives ruined over schupidness..... (stupidity).... It was, in a word, tragic.

Goodness gracious....

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:11 am

NEGATIVITY.....

WHY DON'T YOU JUST shut up ALREADY?!

(Um... I feel like I'm cycling a little today.... like a controlled but nevertheless hyper state)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:07 pm

(((((((((((((( crystal )))))))))))))

Just a hug coming your way.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks for the hugs!! (They are always welcome. :D )

(((((((((((((((( Warmie ))))))))))))))))))))))

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm

(((((((((((( crystal )))))))))))

YW, always

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:00 am

Internet was down for a few. I just decided to try it again, & it happened to work. Maybe a technician at my ISP did something remotely, so that it is up for now.

I had a pretty good random thought the other day, but I just can't remember.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:03 pm

(((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))))

WB and give it time, you will remember. :)

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks Warmie! I just remembered.... I've been meaning to change my avatar pic for a while, since it is a New Year.....

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 am

(((((((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))

YW, jusst good to see you back hon.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:26 pm

I meant to write about this but forgot until now.

The other day or maybe about a week or two ago, I saw Rosie O'Donnell (sp?) on TV, and I was so impressed.

She looked great! There was this sparkle about her. Her eyes were bright. Her hair was immaculate. Her makeup was very complementary to her. The energy that radiated off of her was so positive that she struck me as a different person all together. (I'm not saying she was negative before or anything; she just seemed happier/carefree than I had ever seen her in a while.)

She was giving an interview, & she was on point. [Go Rosie! :-) ] I am not one to be hung up on celebrities, but I was inspired (so inspiration is a good thing).

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:55 am

((((((((((((((( Crystal )))))))))))))

People that inspire show up in our lives for a reason. Mine was a elderly neighbor. What an angel she was, and so positive!!

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:06 pm

I finally have something for here....

In my short stint of watching TV, there is this commercial that would come on that just grated my eyes.... :lol:

The logo for the commercial is Continuing the EVOlution....

Sounds good, right? Yeah, it does.... until you rewind a few seconds & see that in the commercial, the word evolution was said to be an intransitive verb... (For the part of speech, it has v.i. )

I was like, WHAT?!!!

As far as I know, evolution is a NOUN. Merriam Webster says the same thing. I'd really like to ask the producers of the commercial how evolution would be used as a VERB.... (Evolve is the verb, by the way.)

Anyway, that's my little anal tidbit.... :lol:

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:49 pm

I've been meaning to put this some place, but I would really like to see a woman host Family Feud. If I had to see more men host the show (shows like it/game shows), I'd like to see a Latino/Hispanic personality, as well as an Asian person.....

Some more diversity please....

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”