The Random Thoughts Thread, possible triggering material

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((( Warmie ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am hoping it will happen for you!!

I keep missing the tropical update..... from the Weather Channel..... Jeez! :lol:

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Well.... There is a bad smell coming from Hovensa (oil refinery). I have no idea what it is.... but it's horrible & intrusive.... (Yuck!)

darklight32

Postby darklight32 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 pm

When???

When did you close your eyes to the world Before you?

(reminisces)

*Smirks* That was a long time ago.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:14 pm

That's true... unfortunately.... I do wish I could see everything all at once & process it properly! Maybe I will see it again someday.... (not sure)

Dark, it's so good to see you! :)

Djkatscan

Postby Djkatscan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Random thought from the chatroom: Decorative towels are like towel art for the bathroom.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 am

This is my 2nd time looking at the above post & it really made me laugh this time.

I am thinking about getting a new, old cell phone.... It sounds weird, right? Well.... that's because the phones available for the prepaid service I'm thinking of using just seem to be ancient. My current plan with my carrier is long expired. My current phone is very old, but I have made sure to switch out the battery numerous times.

It looks like prepaid will be cheaper; I really don't use my current phone much. However, I don't particularly know what to think yet, but I will sleep on it.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 pm

I went with my home phone carrier and got a good deal on a cell phone. Just so you know.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Heya Warmie!! Thanks for the thought! :D

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Warmie )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:11 pm

((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))

YW :wink:

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 pm

A pondering:

I wonder if depression is a precursor/warning signal to another problem in one's health. Heart troubles seem to be cropping up quite a bit.... I'm not sure of the causation, though, but it just comes across as odd.... Something just doesn't quite click....

Edit: There are these batteries I am in love with at the moment. They're called Energizer Advanced Lithium & are silver with a blue + yellow stripe on them. They're holding up well in my wireless controller, even when I accidentally leave them in there after I'm done. They've also done well in my shaver. (Usually, whatever battery I use in the shaver, including regular Energizer batteries, gives out with 1 use or are used down that the shaver isn't as powerful.) It's rare that I'm impressed with a battery. XD

I think I'm hyper & my thoughts are starting to misfire.... T.T Oh dear.... Well, I'm going to try to tackle it & cope.

----------------------

I'm also pretty amazed with this natural soap by Chagrin Valley.... It smells SO wonderful it's almost ridiculous! :lol: I got a bar of some shaving soap by them to try, but it's smells so good I use it to wash my hands instead. :)

mpal050

Postby mpal050 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:45 am

The Ants thing reminded me of something I still ponder to this day:

When I had a car, a small group of about 15-25 ants would pop in in strange places. Often in the storage box between the driver and front passenger, on my bonnet, in one corner of the glove box, and once on the left wing mirror (in my right lived a spider).

Why only that amount of spiders?
Why those spaces?
Did they live in my car, or were they a rogue exploration unit from a colony that thought the overload of BK wrappers and powerade bottles in my car made it a viable habitat?

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:37 am

~LOL~ Mpal, that made my day! :lol: But you're right I do wonder about those random ants I see too....

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 pm

I feel like sleeping right now... but.... it's way too EARLY!! :lol: It's about 5:45pm (17:45)....

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:23 am

I wish the muskies would stop bugging me!!

It feels like the mosquitoes won't leave me alone today.... so I'm going to spray on some natural bug repellent.

Have problem... Will fix it.... 8)

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:11 am

I woke up this morning.... (Too early of course) & am slightly annoyed at some things that have been happening lately on the island. The part in bold below will tell you why I'm peeved/distressed.

There was some rain, & there was some flooding. It was more than usual. However, to me, it was still just a little bit of rain!

I feel the major reason there was flooding was simply due to the fact that the roads were not built properly!! HELLOooo..... There is no slant on the road--as far as I can tell--for the water to drain off properly (at least not in some places).

Most of the roads are in dire need of repairs, & the government just simply never gets around to it. Those pot holes are just god-awful. What, that wasn't the 1st clue?! Seriously. Besides that, in some places, the road is virtually nonexistent, like one of the roads in the neighborhood where I live. At 1 point, traffic was diverted onto that same road & people got to see how bad it was.

Worst of all, the roads were "flooding" with a piece of rain because there is virtually NO DRAINAGE. Even if some exists, it's either [a] not enough, (b) all clogged up with grass & other junk, and/or [c] it wasn't planned properly.

Sure.... Some roads were paved. However, do you know why they don't count? It's due to the fact that there is usually something still wrong with the road! Can you talk about a lack of VISION?

Of course, it "looks nice", but even I, as a non-expert, can see that it's either too narrow, too flat or is lacking the proper drainage system. We are not still living in the times of horse + cart! A narrow road may have been adequate for that but not in the 21st century or any century where cars were on the road!!

There also isn't enough asphalt on the road, to boot, especially if it will be compared to roads in the States. With some of the roads I have seen, the width/depth of the asphalt laid down is at least a good sized brick, brick & a quarter, brick & a half OR brick & 3/4. (I was able to tell when I watched the sides of the road.)

Surely, it's not that I'm just that smart that I'm the only one able to see these things....

Perhaps, I am more annoyed with it this time around because someone finally died. How crappy is that to die, off of stupidity, beyond one's control!? & Why? "Because that part of the road collapsed." I am willing to bet my lucky charms that the road either [a] wasn't built/reinforced properly and/or (b) hasn't been maintained well. It was NO act of nature or God.

I wonder.... Who will be next? Well, it's time to write my Senators &/or the Governor.... I've really had enough.... I think the scariest parts of all in this is that everyone pretty much chalks it up to a natural disaster & no one is talking about any of what I've mentioned here (the fact that roads are faulty in themselves). One person won't be very effective. It'll be a start, but a group/organization is better!

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”