About Lost Interest: What Do You Think?

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

About Lost Interest: What Do You Think?

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Well.... I can lose interest in things quickly.

I keep thinking about it & in my case, it seems like I lose interest if I don't care about it any more or just up & lose interest randomly & completely (which I believe is actually rare).

What sounds like the truth, though, is that I lose interest in something if I have had a bad/painful/unpleasant/gross experience to associate with whatever it was. That seems to be what will make me almost instantly turned off from something....

I can think of so many examples of this in my life versus the 1st angle I presented. Hum.... ~shrugs~ Just a thought....

What do you think? The other question then becomes, "How do you overcome it?"
Last edited by crystalgaze on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTSilius

Postby JTSilius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:12 pm

i have a question for you.. what if you had a child to take care of? would you lose intrest then and give up the child?

crystalgaze

! Hhmm...

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Well, that's a good question. I don't know what I would do!

I'm glad I DON'T have any children currently, knowing how I lose interest in things. I don't believe I'm equipped to be a parent.

Would I give up the child, if I lost interest....? I really don't have an answer for that one.

aim

Postby aim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:38 pm

crystal... has a doctor ever tested you for Attention Deficiet Disorder? Just a possibility...

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Hhmm.... I think I'll have to look into it. I know I can be a bit hyped at times (kind of like the energizer bunny....).

My brother might have been that way.... I guess he has a loss of interest, too. His would be worse than mine 'cause he can't complete any thing.... He'll go to college, stop.... say he's going back... go & stop. It must have been about 10 times now & I know he's not dumb!

I don't know if it's just plain laziness or he gets bored & just quits.... I could never really figure it out at all. He's 32 now; I'm 25....

Wow... I'll really have to look into it & check with a doctor!

aim

Postby aim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Whenever we are battling something that is in the mental health field, it is the best idea to be checked out physically first. There are many physical illnesses that can copy certain mental illnesses - I hope you do go to the doctor and make sure it is not something like ADD.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Well, I took some time to get my loss of interest sorted out & after a while of thinking, I realized that there ARE things I'm interested in doing & that I like.

I just haven't done them yet & have to wait to be able to do them--either because they cost money (join the local cultural dancing group) or I could get an injury (learn martial arts).

About dancing, the costumes can be elaborate & can be costly, even though it looks like a lot of fun.

About martial arts, I don't want to start if I don't have good insurance.

It's sort of like forgetting your dreams.... I've remembered a little, but I do often still tend to forget about them.

aim

Postby aim » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:11 pm

I have to tell you crystalgaze, I did martial arts for years and never got seriously injured. I pulled a hamstring once, and all you can do for that is give it time to heal. The instructors are there to make sure that you don't hurt yourself, and they will only let you fight with a person who is a higher belt than you because he or she knows how to fight you without hurting you. Not to mention the excessive padding you are forced to wear - no worries about being hurt. It should not happen.

I did Tae Kwon Doe and I LOVED it! I would strongly suggest anyone taking martial arts. It's fun, it gets frustration and anger out, and you really feel like you are accomplishing something as you move up in your belts.

Good luck with that, Crystalgaze - please keep us posted on how it's going!! And I REALLY hope you get yourself into a martial arts class asap. PS - Tae Kwon Doe is great for women because the focus is mainly on the lower body; not so much on the punching!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:29 pm

The loss of interest comes & goes... I was playing a video game the other day... I really liked it.... Then, I stopped playing!!! :?: :!: (& the music was good too....) :lol:

That happened with the game I was playing before that one.... It's okay, though.... Games aren't going anywhere....!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:26 am

Well... I had a little bit of this again... I think it will be temporary. Right now, I think the loss of interest is situatonal....

Just like in the previous post, the game really does have good music.

shelpmagazine

Re: About Lost Interest: What Do You Think?

Postby shelpmagazine » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:32 am

From your story, I could sense that you are experiencing a Major Depression. One symptoms of this is Loss of interest in daily activities. No interest in former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex. You’ve lost your ability to feel joy and pleasure. Major depression is characterized by the inability to enjoy life and experience pleasure. The symptoms are constant, ranging from moderate to severe. Left untreated, major depression typically lasts for about six months. Some people experience just a single depressive episode in their lifetime, but more commonly, major depression is a recurring disorder. However, there are many things you can do to support your mood and reduce the risk of recurrence.
Lifestyle changes are not always easy to make, but they can have a big impact on depression. Take a good look at your own lifestyle. What changes could you make to support depression recovery? Self-help strategies that can be very effective include:

* Cultivating supportive relationships
* Getting regular exercise and sleep
* Eating healthfully to naturally boost mood
* Managing stress
* Practicing relaxation techniques
* Challenging negative thought patterns

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”