Is my husband causing my depression? advice from men needed.

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jfernandez

Is my husband causing my depression? advice from men needed.

Postby Jfernandez » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:03 pm

My husband has a very hard time expressing his anger / insecurities.
When he gets angry at me he calls me every name imaginable (whore, fat, bitch, cry baby, psycho, nut case. Ext).
A constant fight we have is in regards to sex. If I don’t have sex with him, he will fight with me all day long and ignore me and tell me how other woman will be more than happy to get it from him.
A little background: I work 16 hour shifts 3 days a week. I’m EXPECTED to have sex with him after work and then on my days off (4 days a week). The days I work, one time a night. On my days off it’s expected at least once but if I refuse any other advances, it becomes a fight.
For example, yesterday we had sex 3 times. This morning After taking my daughter to school he wanted to have sex, I told him that I’m tired. He then starts ignoring me and says it’s my fault and I shouldn’t reject him.
I’m fighting depression and anxiety. I work 16 hour shifts and when I come home I can’t relax. I’m constantly on edge and fighting with him. I’m tired of living like this. The enjoyment of life is gone. I cant even enjoy my life the way i want to.
He said he acts like this because he is being “rejected.”
I know this post is all over the place. Anyways I guess what I want to ask is: Is this normal behavior? And what do I do/say for him to not feel rejected?
I want him to remember I’m a person who feelings and I deserve respect and love regardless if we have sex.

shampoe

Re: Is my husband causing my depression? advice from men needed.

Postby shampoe » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Your husband is pressuring you to have sex. That's a red flag... You're working a very tiring job and you deserve rest. Try explaining that it doesn't get you into the mood?

Tealeaves

Re: Is my husband causing my depression? advice from men needed.

Postby Tealeaves » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:35 pm

No, that is not appropriate behavior. It's time to seek marriage counseling or, divorce. You're a person and you have rights too.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”