What if...I could hold your hand

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Tealeaves

Postby Tealeaves » Sun May 09, 2021 7:05 am

I would walk in your room.
You are face down, with your head in the pillow. Your blanket covers you, only allowing small breaths.
Kneeling next to you, I would search for your hand; it's hidden under the pillow. You struggle to breathe; wishing you could and, wishing you wouldn't. For a moment, we'll pretend that we are statues. I will hold your hand, a few gentle squeezes; so you can feel something.
Then, I will pull back, that which comforts and suffocates. You will see my face; your mind will protest but, then you will see my smile; and then you will know, that no words are needed. I will hold your hand and we will rise.
Art alive, I will see you as You will step from the bed, like a beautiful painted creation, rising from the Painter's canvas.
I will hold your hand and we will walk, out of your room, together.

Step 1 and 1.1, 1.2, 1.3,....and so on;
complete

Step 2
It's time for you to bathe. No, I will not hold your hand, that would be awkward but, I will draw your water and lay out, everything you need. Then I will stand outside the door and hold your towel.

Step 3
I will hold your hand, as we walk through the house; picking up things, as we go.
In the kitchen, your eyes will water with shame but, I will stand beside you. I will wash a dish; and then you will; because you'll remember how to. When it's difficult to scrub the grease, I will hold your hand.

Next, we'll lay out all the stacks of past papers. You will cringe and apologize but, I will hold your hand.
We will sort, we will organize; the numbers will pile and, it will make you sad. I will pinch up your cheeks; did you know that you have a beautiful smile

The next one is going to hurt; so I will hold both your hands.

Because of being human, like most humans; you will forget any positives, and focus only on the negatives; that's just how it works

You will look in the mirror and you see time staring back at you.

You will see fault lines and the holes, that you dug yourself. You will face your mistakes and wrong doings. You will understand how, other's hurt; has hurt you. Then you will feel the hurt you have caused,
and you will feel the ghosts, trying to surround you.
You will feel alone
You will feel devastation
You will want to fall to your knees and, keep falling
You will feel the ground crumble beneath you.

It's dark; and In the dark, you will hear me whisper...I am here.

You will look up and open your eyes.
You will see me smile and you will see the dawn; and you will know that you made it through another night.
You will realize that you couldn't have been falling,
Because I never let go, I was still holding your hand.

(Simplified version, later)

xpellegrino12

Re: What if...I could hold your hand

Postby xpellegrino12 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Thank you, I’ll hold your hand too <33

Tealeaves

Postby Tealeaves » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:53 am

xpellegrino12 wrote:Thank you, I’ll hold your hand too <33

Thank you :)
I guess sometimes I need that too

Quiler

Postby Quiler » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Hey Tealaves... Thank you, what you wrote is beautiful, and it helped me shed a couple tears.

Tealeaves

Postby Tealeaves » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:02 am

You're welcome and thank you; I like being helpful

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”