Some advice

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Louise1990

Some advice

Postby Louise1990 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi this my first post and I’m quite nervous. I’ve been on anti-depressants for a year now and yet I still feel worthless. I find the only way to stop the hurt is turning to alcohol but as I’m going through a divorce and living with my parents again, they want me to leave as soon as possible. I don’t know what to do I’m at wits end constantly. I dread going to sleep because when I wake up I’m going to have to go through it all over again. Each day is different but most days are bad days, I’m too scared to do something stupid but sometimes I wish a bnew d would hit me and put me out of my misery.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Some advice

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:31 am

Louise1990 wrote:Hi this my first post and I’m quite nervous. I’ve been on anti-depressants for a year now and yet I still feel worthless. I find the only way to stop the hurt is turning to alcohol but as I’m going through a divorce and living with my parents again, they want me to leave as soon as possible. I don’t know what to do I’m at wits end constantly. I dread going to sleep because when I wake up I’m going to have to go through it all over again. Each day is different but most days are bad days, I’m too scared to do something stupid but sometimes I wish a bnew d would hit me and put me out of my misery.

Anti depressants are half the job, the other half is the steps you take you solving the issues that are making you depressed. Alcohol does more harm then good, what people dont understand is alcohol can affect the mentality down the line too, it doesnt just give a person hangovers. I think you could try something else like healthy eating, or working out at a gym, or listening to music. These things help a person down the line and provide a good coping method. It does depend on what music you listen to.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”