50 things I want to do before I die

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

jen21

Postby jen21 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:07 pm

I like your list Jovian!!! I grew up in Florida so we would watch the shuttles launch, my mom would wake us up at any hour so we wouldn't miss them. She thought it was something we would cherish later on. I want to be a mother too, I lost one son and it has lit that spark in me to want more, but further down the road ofc! And I really like the "inspire someone." :)
((((((((((((Jovian)))))))))))) thank you for sharing!

-Jen

JovianHalo13

:)

Postby JovianHalo13 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:08 pm

thanks Jen, i could only think of 10 at the time, but i'll be posting more as i think of them. Right now i'd like to add these...

11. Be happy to see the person in the mirror
12. Meet an anaconda, and black mamba face to snakey snout
13. Moutain climb
14. Visit Stonehenge
15. Be a foster mother
16. Study every topic of interest in detail.
17. Learn to speak Latin
18. Help someone to achive their dreams
19. See both of my sister marry, and start their own families.
20. Meet my father's family.

aim

Postby aim » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:18 am

Jovian...gave me one more for my list. Be a published author! It's a dream of mine too... what do you write?

JovianHalo13

Postby JovianHalo13 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:24 pm

aim wrote:Jovian...gave me one more for my list. Be a published author! It's a dream of mine too... what do you write?

Being a published author has always been a dream of mine. Since i was very little. I write everything : stories, poems, prose, journals, papers, have attempted a couple novels but i need to be more motivated and focused, i usually end up losing interest, or moving on to something else.

jen21

Postby jen21 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Jovian I really like your list! I think we all wish to like the person we see in the mirror. And mountain climbing is so fun, makes you feel like a part of something so much bigger! I saw my brother get married over Thanksgiving and I cried so hard, never thought that would happen, and he has a 3 year old son (who is the most wonderful thing on earth). Its amazing to watch their family grow.
(((((((((((((Jovian & Aim))))))))))))) thanks for sharing!

aim

Postby aim » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Hello! I have to say that I have so much respect for poets! It's something that I've always struggled with, and don't really enjoy that much either. to tell the truth. BUT - do I not enjoy it because it doesn't come naturally for me???

I write short stories, plays and novel length fiction, myself. I've written two novels, but have not gotten it together enough to get it out there! I'm thinking a play would probably be the best start. I have director friends so I think I'm going to look into it.

Good luck to you, Jovian!!! And Jen - thanks for sharing and starting this subject!!! :-)

JovianHalo13

Postby JovianHalo13 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Aim, i've been researching information on screenplay writing. it's something i've not tried as yet, but i love to write, and have a wickedly active imagination so i'd like to give that a try. Good luck!

Jen21-Thanks so much for starting this topic. it's been an inspiration for me to think of things i want to do with my life. Though i could only think of 10 at first, then 10 more, it's gotten me thinking. Thanks!!!

-Jovian-

aim

Postby aim » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:16 am

Jovain - good luck with the screenplay writing! I've looked it up myself and decided that play writing was the way to go for me. Imagination is the key to great writing, in my opinion. Keep writing girl!!! :-)

another two items for my list...

-get out of debt
-become a mother

jen21

Postby jen21 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks all of you guys for actually responding! I thought it would be kind of a dead subject. But for anyone trying to make a list, this helped me come up with a few things: http://www.squidoo.com/100things
Hope you all are well!

-Jen

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Last edited by Warmsoul/Jeanie13 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aim

Postby aim » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Jovian -

15. Be a foster mother

So great!!! I hope you do it - you'd be great at it with your understanding of depression and anger! So many children need someone to understand them... I really really hope you do it soon!

If you need any advice about doing it, please please let me know!

((((( Jovian)))))

jen21

Postby jen21 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 pm

(((((((((((((((Jeanie))))))))))))))))))
I'm sad you edited your post before I got to see it! Sorry it took me so long to respond, just been so busy with work and stress and all :?

-Jen

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:38 pm

(((((((((((((( jen )))))))))))

Don't worry about it. No one else did. Why type when no one will read or at least acknowledge you type your dreams? I left it posted until the 27th.

This WAS about me, something that doesn't happen, you know that much is true. You don't know how long it took to do that, and for what reason??

Thank you jen....realize how things can be with your life.

Jeanie

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 pm

I admire you for being able to put down, in writing, what you want to do before while you are still here. I don't think that I could do that yet. Your list did give me things to think about since I have been fortunate enough to do some of those things. Makes me feel that I really hope that you get what you want. Most of us deserve to at least get some dreams fulfilled.

One of my favorite movies is with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. It is called "The Bucket List". A quick synopsis. Two men, from totally different backgrounds, are in the hospital. Jack Nicholson is a businessman that has had no time for family, Morgan Freeman the total opposite. They both get the terminal diagnosis. They both make lists of things that they want to do before they die (or to do while they live, whichever way you want to think about it) and fulfilling their dreams, in tandem, is the premise of the story.

If you go rent the movie, make sure that you have a box of kleenex with you. A couple won't suffice.

aim

Postby aim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Totally agreed, Monty! Great movie!! They worked so well together and the story had a lot of heart in it with a few laughs as well.

I definitely suggest everyone watch it too!

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”