Benned from Chat I think Accidently [Resolved]

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

Benned from Chat I think Accidently [Resolved]

Postby CitM » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:29 am

Well,

Somehow I got banned from chat for talking about a historic park. I just thought it was a pretty park and interesting. I did not give a link to the park.

I did not ask to meet up with anyone there. I had no intentions of meeting up with anyone really.

According to the ban I was advertizing and spamming. I honestly, did not think it wasn't allowed to talk about a park which is not online, nor a real forum because you can only give speeches there for 6 weeks in the summer in a real place. Its just an interesting place, that is beautiful, with an interesting history.

Sometimes IP addresses get caught up in bans of other IP addresses. And I am hoping this is the case for me. Because I'll miss talking to people in chat as it helps me with anxiety, and feeling isolated.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Did you get a note of explanation?

Is it possible for you to talk to the moderators of chat?

Maybe the moderators on here can help you out, have you instant messaged them?

Your posts on here have always been encouraging, I can't believe that you wouldn't be a welcome participant in chat.

Let us know what you've tried and what happens. If this happens to someone else it would be good to have a reference for someone who has scouted the trail.

I've seen horrible predatory behavior in chat that eventually dissipates, so I am sure the moderators will be forgiving of an unfortunate faux pas. I have also seen other notes from people on chat who meet in person. That's not something I would want to do, but I don't know how revealing your location by talking about a landmark would break a rule.

CitM

Postby CitM » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Hmm. Well still banned. One other person messaged me and said he was quickly banned for giving an opinion discussed in a chatroom.

I don't live anywhere near the park. I don't even walk there. I never even knew it existed before my dad told me about it over Easter. I just thought it was a neat bit of Chicago history.

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it, because if they are afraid for my life, that someone might know where I am, for instance for nefarious reasons, then in a way, that's very kind of them. I was just so surprised!!

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:18 pm

[This is resolved and CitM has been contacted]

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”