Overcoming tips

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LittleCat88

Overcoming tips

Postby LittleCat88 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:49 am

i wanted to share some tips to overcome depression and how to deal with it daily. I am not a psychologist. I just read a lot and experiment. These have helped me and may help you. Please share any tips if you have any.

First tip: You ARE NOT depressed
Depression is a state. You HAVE depression and it can be beaten. Acknowledge that little by little. Change your way of seeing this disease.

Second tip: Control
Not everything in your life is controlled by you. (Losing someone dear, incurable disease).
Others are. (Getting a new job, studying for a better future, doing what you love).
And those affect your feelings.
What you can change are the things that you can control. This is hard but take this example.
You want a job that makes you happy. So you apply for several companies. You get no from one company and you think you are a failure. Might as well stop trying!
Now take this thinking: I was turned down. That company probably was not good for me. I will try until I reach my goal of getting a new job.
Write it down in a notebook as many times as needed to remind you of that goal.

Third tip: Be selfish
Sounds easy, right? Not at all!
When I say be selfish, I mean stop living for others. Stop listening to what others say. Stop thinking about what others have that you do not. Stop all this comparison nonsense. Give your ears a break and focus on yourself. Get rid of all the noises surrounding you and think about what you want.

These are my tips for now. Think of ways to change your thoughts. [/b]

Prycejosh1987

Re: Overcoming tips

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:17 pm

LittleCat88 wrote:i wanted to share some tips to overcome depression and how to deal with it daily. I am not a psychologist. I just read a lot and experiment. These have helped me and may help you. Please share any tips if you have any.

First tip: You ARE NOT depressed
Depression is a state. You HAVE depression and it can be beaten. Acknowledge that little by little. Change your way of seeing this disease.

Second tip: Control
Not everything in your life is controlled by you. (Losing someone dear, incurable disease).
Others are. (Getting a new job, studying for a better future, doing what you love).
And those affect your feelings.
What you can change are the things that you can control. This is hard but take this example.
You want a job that makes you happy. So you apply for several companies. You get no from one company and you think you are a failure. Might as well stop trying!
Now take this thinking: I was turned down. That company probably was not good for me. I will try until I reach my goal of getting a new job.
Write it down in a notebook as many times as needed to remind you of that goal.

Third tip: Be selfish
Sounds easy, right? Not at all!
When I say be selfish, I mean stop living for others. Stop listening to what others say. Stop thinking about what others have that you do not. Stop all this comparison nonsense. Give your ears a break and focus on yourself. Get rid of all the noises surrounding you and think about what you want.

These are my tips for now. Think of ways to change your thoughts. [/b]

Totally agree with this post. Amen to that.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”