Is it a Holiday?

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Monty

Is it a Holiday?

Postby Monty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I am now past the middle part of my first trip out of town, with leaving my mother behind in a nursing home.

It doesn't sound like things are going well. According to my brother she is more confused and they have put a sign on her walker, telling of who she is, and where she belongs.

I probably shouldn't be keeping in touch with things at home. Should just let things go and enjoy being away from home. The problem is that I am her primary caregiver and actually live in her home with her (she can't live alone anymore) and just can't get her out of my mind. Especially when my brother says that she is lonely and bored.

Mind you I guess that I am only away for just a week and I will be home on late Saturday night, but still I have those nagging, guilty thoughts,

Thanks for listening to me rant.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:02 am

Heya Monty! There's no reason to feel guilty! You do... You do.... You do some more.... You do a lot more--probably more than most.... You do the best you can.... You put her 1st I'd probably say 90% of the time, if not more.....

Now it's your turn. All you have is 1 week. Be good to yourself. I always think being a caregiver is hard because then who 'cares' for you & helps you replenish yourself?

If she's bored & lonely, why don't your other siblings go & keep her company? Granted it may not be all day, but I hope someone is visiting her everyday.

Take care! You deserve your vacation/time-off! for the moment Slaving is almost always never good--even if it is one of love.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Monty ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”