Empty

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ghost33

Empty

Postby Ghost33 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:00 am

I really hate that the "normal" people want me to shake it off and keep going. I can't begin to explain to someone who isn't mentally ill how it feels to be absolutely empty and void of anything. The dark place I go and search for anything to bring life and joy and purpose and find nothing. I feel so useless and invisible. Then to be suicidal but not want to die. I'm not talking to get attention. That's why I stay silent now. People don't understand. I want to want to live. I hate myself and I don't even know who I am. I'm empty.

GrimGrinningGhost

Re: Empty

Postby GrimGrinningGhost » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:55 pm

I can relate. About 6 months ago I started to feel the same way. Just completely empty inside. I can't "shake" this off. My household is currently chaotic (long story). I don't want to die, but if I went to sleep I didn't wake, I wouldn't mind. I do remember times that I was happy. Mostly was in my youth and before I was married, but there were times. I keep trying to tell myself that this will get better. I too feel useless. It's a terrible feeling. I used to be able to escape in my head. Even though the world would be darkened and dreadful, I was able to escape in mind. For some reason my depression is now so deep that I can't escape anymore. I'm trapped in this reality without a life raft. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Know that you are not alone as I am feeling this with you.

mushroom

Postby mushroom » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:37 am

Hello, I feel so empty, lonely, useless, hopeless and depressed. I’m looking for someone who will understand and maybe come up with some ideas as to how I can be happy and feel normal again. Thank you.

mushroom

Postby mushroom » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:45 am

I can certainly understand how you feel, as I feel the same way. I don’t want to get out of bed. I am lonely, hopeless, helpless, empty, and I really have to push myself to get up for work all week. I wish I felt normal again,

Return to “Expressions”