I'm afraid i might hurt or even kill someone

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Nate is Sad

I'm afraid i might hurt or even kill someone

Postby Nate is Sad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:22 am

So I've been having homicidal thoughts for a few weeks now and I'm afraid i might mot be able to hold them back. Idk if i have mental disorder or something that would make me have these thoughts. I'm thinking about killing myself so i don't shoot up my school or kill anybody. Please message me or leave a comment if you have any in site. Thanks

cloud21

Re: I'm afraid i might hurt or even kill someone

Postby cloud21 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi Nate,

Do you currently see a counselor? Having the urge to hurt others must really feel scary. Just because you have this urge doesn't mean you need to kill yourself, there is help out there. If you don't have health insurance or can't afford mental health care, there are usually non-profit organizations that offer free services.

I can't say I have ever wanted to hurt others but I have wanted to kill myself and it's a very dark place. I hate talking about my feelings and sharing the vulnerable parts of myself. But, I try to tell myself "am I really willing to end my life just because I want to avoid 'x', rather than go seek help?"

I hope you find the help that you need. I just joined this blog today. I'm willing to continue this conversation if you want to.

ServantOfJoy

Re: I'm afraid i might hurt or even kill someone

Postby ServantOfJoy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:55 am

Hi Nate,

Ive had those thoughts myself freind. I came to find out that it was my worrying that caused them. I know a lot of people want to be sympothized and I am with you. Most people dont want to be fixed, because then they feel like they are a problem. This is not true. We have problems, I mean everybody does. We all get thoughts like this from one time to another and for some more often than another.

I found that by serving and helping others I restore the joy in my life and I no longer fear hurting others because I enjoy helping them. Its that fear that fuels this thinking. All I can suggest for you is to make a goal to help someone any time you have these thoughts. Open a door for someone at the store or sweep a freinds floor. This will also help you to make freinds and improve your whole life.

Return to “Expressions”