Fingers are getting tired. Triggering material.

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 am

Mrsderby wrote:(((st8arrow)))

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings or offended you. I have Dr's coming out of my ears, a Psych Dr and a therapist who does CBT. What I am looking for here is just a friend.

Hope that is ok.

Absolutely. However, your original posts sure sounded like you were asking for some help rather than just a friend. Rest assured that you did not hurt my feelings or offend me. Thanks for saying that I had helped you. If you are so inclined, send me a private email if you think that I can be of any help in the future.

I put a hold in for your book here at the local library. They are trying to find it on an inter-library loan. I suppose if we are not communicating with each other anymore, there isn't much value in me reading it. Since you said there are many "triggers" in the poems, why not take it to one of your Therapists and see if it helps them understand your situation any better.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 am

Warmsoul/Jeanie13 wrote:All well said St8arrow. Will repeat, the forums are for support. Not professional opinion, no one should be doing that. What happens between doctor and patient is just that.

We can support, do our best to be caring, but medical advice is not what we do here. I am sure there are many places on the internet that do that.

Now since this is Mrsderby's thread, let's get it back to giving her support, being there for her in a friend to friend position. Okay?

Warmsoul

Thanks for suggesting that I was giving out professional opinion. In reality, I am just a person who wants to help others. However, I can understand your concerns and will certainly abide by them.

In my area of the world there is a TV station with Steve Patkin who quite often has mental health topics and appropriate guests. The other day he had two such guests on his show. One of those guests was a former soldier who emphasized the value of peer advice. The other was a Psychiatrist who used to have many referrals from other psychiatrists who valued her opinions and expertise.

When she herself was diagnosed with bipolar mental issues, 99% of the referrals came to an abrupt end. The other Psychiatrists told her to keep quiet about her mental health issues. They spend most of their time asking their patients to be totally honest with them and then tell one of their own to avoid the truth at all costs.

Go figure.

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:29 pm

I miss my dad :cry:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 pm

((((((((((( Mrsderby )))))))))))))

Missing parents is a hard thing to deal with. I miss both of mine, but I live on the memories I have. That does help.

Think of those good memories, they will give you reason to smile.

Warmie

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 am

I got to see my dad for 2 days before he died. First time since I was about 3. I will treasure those memories for the rest of my life.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:21 am

(((((((((((((( Mrsderby ))))))))))))))))

Smiles for you.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:52 am

Mrsderby wrote:I got to see my dad for 2 days before he died. First time since I was about 3. I will treasure those memories for the rest of my life.

I certainly can't come anywhere close to such memories, but since I am 74 years old, maybe, just maybe, I tried to be your surrogate Dad without even knowing it.

Cheers to you.

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm

:wink:

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello Mrsderby:

You mentioned that you and your husband Jerry were going to try to go to the local Botanical Gardens. Were you able to fulfill that wish on your part?

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks for asking but no. I am just too fatigued and too much pain. Maybe some other time.

How are you?

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 am

Hello Mrsderby:

Sorry to hear about your continuing pain and suffering. How am I doing? Do you want the short answer or the long one? The short answer is --- fine, and here is the long answer.

I bicycled down to the canal early this morning, which is at the entrance to Hamilton harbor. About 5 km. each way. I am going to play slow-pitch baseball this summer. I haven't played baseball for fifty years.

In order to get ready, I have been bouncing an Indian rubber ball against a brick wall at a local schoolyard . My neck is stiff and that confused me because I didn't think throwing a baseball would do that to me.

However, on second thought, I decided that I got the sore neck from reading Ulysses Grant's Memoirs, Volume # 1. I have this silly habit of locking my head while I am reading. I think it indicates my desire to understand as much as I possibly can from the book. It's a stupid habit on my part that I will have to get over or else I will be getting more of these headaches caused by a pain in the neck.

Geez, I hope I am not turning into a pain in the neck for you. :lol:

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Another migraine today. Pain is unbearable. Did eveything I can do. Neuro not untill 3 more weeks.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:44 pm

(((((((((((( Mrsderby )))))))))))))))))

Gentle hug for you.

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks. I am going to listen to my meditation tapes and try to get some sleep. It always gets better...eventually.

Hugs

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:21 am

How about cold compresses on your forehead or wherever the pain is the most excruciating. Does that do any good??

Return to “Expressions”