Fingers are getting tired. Triggering material.

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello Mrsderby:

Let's put the next story down to laughter therapy. Just one favor, please share this story with Jerry. If he says enough of that kind of nonsense then --- so be it.

A lady goes to an antique store and purchases a full-sized mirror to fit on the back of her bedroom door. At the store she was not thrilled with the back cloth facing of the mirror and so when she got it home, she took it off intending to replace it.

To her surprise there was a note hidden behind the cloth which stated as follows: This is a magical mirror. If you stand in front of it, it will make one of your wishes come true. Anything you want, but there is one important rule to follow. Do not ask for a second magical wish.

The lady mounted the mirror on the back of her bedroom door, stripped down to her waist and said: Mirror mirror on the door, make my breasts size 44. Suddenly she became aware of what seemed like a bolt of lightning running through her body and just as suddenly, her breasts became twice as large as they were before.

When her husband came home from work that night he couldn't believe her story but the results were beyond question. He simply could not sleep that night so finally at 3 am. he decided to disregard the rule and gamble that he could get a magical wish also.

He took off his pajamas, stood in front of the mirror and said: Mirror, mirror on the door, make my p**** touch the floor. ---- Both of his legs fell off. :(
Last edited by St8arrow on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:47 pm

From Mrsderby

Good news and bad news.

The good news is he may be able to get me down to about 5 migraines a month. Bad news is, they will never go away. Yes, they can cause permanent damage and increase chance of stroke.

From Myself

I'm not trying to be a smart alek here but don't be 100% sure that your migraines will never go away. I have studied psychology for the last 40 years and people have made miraculous recoveries from problems that they were told were permanent.

Part of the solution, (there are many aspects to it) is the laughter that you enjoy and also a positive attitude. Recently I began to feel dizzy when I would first wake up. I finally determined that it was caused in part by the negative attitude that I had developed at that time. Now that I am reacting much more positively to life, the dizziness has gone away.

From Mrsderby

I have to make a complete lifestyle change. He also told me not to take the migraine pain medication, not even Excedrin. No caffeine - Period. I cannot take Asprin or Ibuprofin due to stomach issues and I built up a tolerance to Tylenol years ago. That means I have nothing to take for the pain. Pain that, on a scale of 1 - 10 is at least a 15. I will call him about that tomorrow. He started me on Depakote but have to get it cleared from phych first.

I am trying not to be depressed about this. I guess 5 times a month is better than every day, right?

From Myself

Those sound like good ideas. What exactly is Depakote? Obviously it is a psychiatric medication, at least that is my guess.

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Depakote is actually an epileptic medication that is also used for bipolar (me) and migraines (also me).

I appreciate the humor. You are always good for a laugh. Not laughing much today. In way too much pain. Maybe I'm feeling sorry for myself but can't help it right now.

Hope you have a great day. Again, thank you for being so kind to me. :cry:

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 am

Hello MrsDenby:

I hope you can find some medication that will reduce your pain as much as possible. Telling someone to think positive and be cheerful is not much help when the pain is so great that it is almost impossible to think of anything else. Good luck.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 am

Hello MrsDerby:

Before you decide that your problems are basically physical in nature, please take note of the ideas that you will find in the following paragraph. Please give your Cognitive Behavioral Therapist a chance to show you that some of, or perhaps all of your physical problems can be alleviated, or even eliminated with the passage of time. I suppose the difficult part is finding the patience after having spent so long looking for help. I can only wish you well in such an endeavor.

Dr. Michael J. Norden, M.D., has authored an important book called, “Beyond Prozac.” On page 176, the following quotation from Dr. Jeffrey Schwartz appears: --- Psychological treatments clearly produce biological effects on the brain. My colleagues and I have recently shown that, similar to Prozac, a form of cognitive behavioral therapy is capable of correcting abnormalities in the brain metabolic rates of patients with obsessive compulsive behavior.

Giving someone a Selective Serotonin Uptake Inhibitor such as Prozac is similar to giving someone a fish for supper. Giving someone beneficial psychological therapy, which would have to include knowledge about conglomerated fear, which is an important component of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, is similar to teaching someone how to fish.

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 am

fingers getting weaker.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Hello MrsDerby:

Sorry that I have left you with weaker fingers. That is the opposite of what I was trying to achieve. Please let me know what happens after your next visit with your Cognitive Behavioral Therapist.

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Had ti=o cut our visit short because of migraine, could no longer talk. Will try again next week.

Cn't take the apain anymore. Want' to quit. Can't quit. Just verry tired of the constant pain.

Don't want to whine anymore. Going to bed. If I am very, very lucky I won't awake up.

:cry:

Mrsderby

Fingers finally let go.

Postby Mrsderby » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 pm

The pain is now constant and more than I can bear. Neuro just took me off all pain meds, even Excedrin.

I have lost the will to live. I have lost the will to fight.

Just spent 3 days in hospital on suicide watch. No how to play the system though and was able to get out.

Don't worry. I can't do anything permanent until my husband lets me go and he is not ready to do that yet. But I think he is getting close.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Hello again. My wife and I were out of town visiting with my daughter and her husband for the Easter weekend. Did you tell "Neuro" that the pain is so severe that you have "lost the will to live?" Surely they will do something to alleviate your pain!!

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:35 pm

The "lost the will to live" part is why I spent 3 days on suicide watch.

Just tried to make a chiro appt. He won't see me. referred me to neuro. Neuro's have taken me off pain meds. Pain clinic stopped treating me last year.

Tried to make appt with first neuro. He is out of the country for 2 weeks.

I am just waiting until my husband can "let me go".

I can't even feel enough to cry or get mad.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:37 am

Hello Mrsderby

You must really be feeling all alone right now. Well, one of your "neuro's" has a right to take a holiday but I don't understand how the current one could take you off the pain medication cold turkey and now he "refuses" to see you. Cold turkey might work for some people but when you are in so much pain, I think a gradual reduction in pain medication is more appropriate. I suggest going back to the psychiatric hospital or to the emergency room of the local hospital for some immediate help with your pain issues. Take a copy of this post with you if you like.

From Mrsderby

I am just waiting until my husband can "let me go".
I can't even feel enough to cry or get mad.

Me again

Alleviating you pain comes first. But the following ideas are offered in an attempt to help you understand why you are behaving as you are right now. The message at the bottom of my posts has many meanings. One of them is that if you fear something strong enough, it will affect your behavior in such a way as to make your strong fear come true. I am trying as desperately as I possibly can to help you.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 am

Hello MrsDerby:

If your headaches are too severe to allow you to read or respond to the following letter, I will understand. I write it with the hope that it will help to reduce your belief that your situation is hopeless.

MIGRAINE HEADACHES

It’s almost impossible to determine what % of migraine headaches are caused by physical problems and how many are caused by psychological problems. If it is psychological, the following generalizations apply: The sufferer has a conglomeration of achievements, both stated and unstated, that he or she is failing at.

The person in question is literally racking his or her brain in an attempt to succeed at the aforementioned achievements. The following story provides proof of the above ideas. This story occurs in a book called, Grant’s Final Victory, which was written by Charles Bracelen Flood. (pa. 152) (edited for brevity).

A day or two before our story begins, Ulysses Grant had sent a letter to General Lee requesting a meeting to discuss terms of surrender which Lee declined. The night before the surrender occurred, Grant had spent a sleepless night because he was experiencing one of his blinding migraine headaches. Various remedies had been tried but nothing worked.

Exhausted, near noon the next day, Grant was handed a letter from Lee requesting a meeting in reference to the surrender of his army at Appomattox Court House. Grant said of that moment: “When the officer reached me with Lee’s message, I was still suffering with the sick headache. But the instant that I saw the contents of the note, --- I was cured.”

The incredible achievement that Grant was trying to grapple with was the end of a civil war that had cost millions of lives. The migraine occurred as he was racking his brain trying to determine how he could end the slaughter. Lee’s message was the success that he was praying for.

What achievements, stated or unstated and still held inside your mind alone, are you failing at? Are you willing to express them openly and allow me a chance to help you? Yes it is also true that unresolved migraines over a period of time can cause physical damage inside the brain. But there still remains the chance, (a good one I will add) that at the bottom of it all there resides a psychological dilemma.

Mrsderby

Postby Mrsderby » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 am

Haven't eaten since Sunday morning. Dr had prescribed Zophran for this but the insurance only approved 8 pills a month. Now am in so much pain I can't walk without my walker. Can barely make it to the bathroom. Passed out twice yesterday. Hit my head hard. Too tired to even function and no longer care enough to cry. Just makes my head hurt worse anyway.

The "snowball effect" is going to kill me. Soon I hope. I can't go on like this.

p.s. I wasn't depressed until this got out of hand in February.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Hello MrsDerby

Have you already tried Triptan? The books says it is costly so maybe that makes it out of the question for you.

Return to “Expressions”