Living for what? (trigger)

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jaymn

Living for what? (trigger)

Postby Jaymn » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:16 am

I feel now that I have nothing to live for now. I'm not interested in anything. I'm really confused... I want to live but for what? I can't seem to find anything. Will I ever find something because it sure doesn't look and feel like it?

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:14 am

jaymn, nothing ever stays the same. The world around us and within us is constantly changing. Sometimes it's so small a change we barely notice but it's still changing all the same. And this too shall change. The feelings you are having right now. Please call a help line and get some help.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:51 am

Please call a help line and get some help.

Good advice Obayan.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:41 am

Hi Jay! I think it may just take some time to search. Try new things & see how you like them & maybe you will find your purpose!!

Jaymn

Postby Jaymn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah, I was down when I wrote this. I do have things to look forward to. I'm just so caught up in depression now that I need to work my way out of it. I have been for the past few days btw, helping myself. And I don't need to call anyone for help.

Jaymn

Postby Jaymn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Also, sorry to anyone that what I wrote triggered you. I see the (trigger) by my topic so I apologize.

Jaymn

Postby Jaymn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:43 am

"Please call a help line and get some help."

Thanks for the posts everyone. You know I thought of this obayan, and it seemed blunt. (Even after I came back today) I just wanted to get my feeling out and maybe someone would listen. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to start anything. I just wonder why you said this. I do not have any hard feelings...

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:09 am

Because it seemed as though it could have helped you. They are trained to help people when they are in a crisis situation like it looked like you were. As much as we care and want so desperately to help you, if you are in a crisis, without us being trained for it, we can do a lot more harm than good. Not intentionally. And I only wanted you to get the best possible help for that crisis situation. This forum is fantastic and the people here are loving and kind and generous and really truely do care and want to help. But we are limited. And it seemed as though you needed more care than peer to peer support. When someone is in as much pain as you seemed to be at the time, it is essential to get the proper care as quickly as possible. Sometimes life saving.

Jaymn

Postby Jaymn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:27 am

I understand. Sometimes I post to where I could explain more in detail. I will do next time.

Return to “Expressions”