tried a therapist today

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

LLisa

tried a therapist today

Postby LLisa » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Tried a therapist today--not really sure if it's going make things any better--so so sad, breaking down at work too--can't contain it anymore...

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:17 pm

That's good that you tried a therapist. I hope it works out for you.... If not that one, then try another one. Take care!

Don't be too hard on yourself & just remember to do your best--whatever that is.

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:59 am

Llisa - please give the therapy a chance. It is very important to find the right therapist so if you feel like you cannot make a good connection with this one, try another one. I am sorry you are suffering but I believe the therapy would be a good outlet for you to try to express what you are feeling. Please let us know how you are doing.

LLisa

Postby LLisa » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm getting some new names--so we'll see...thanks

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:03 am

Alright! That's good! Keep trying!

LLisa

Postby LLisa » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:24 am

I'm in trouble--I'm so ashamed--really wish God would take me so that I can disappear without causing my family any guilt or bad feelings about themselves. I feel guilty for being here with my depression while all those people in Haiti are not. I am so ashamed of myself.

xn728

GIVE IT A CHANCE

Postby xn728 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 am

you have no reason to be ashamed ,,as for the people in haiti ,that has nothing to do with you ,,this would have happened even if you were the happiest person on earth ,,we all feel the pain they feel ,i cant look at the tv any longer and see the pain in there eyes ,,ive seen that look before ,
and it reminds me of that empty feeling of hopelessness,,you must look after your own life ,,and pherhaps pray for theirs ,,to who ever your god may be ,,,,you are important to us ,,your freinds here and you must never give up ...give the theripy a good chance ,,your in a dark hole just now ,,,but you will soon see some light ,,,we all love you here my freind as we do each other ,,dont be ashamed for how you feel ,,your family
should understand you better,,,,,,thinking of you my dear freind hugs xn728,,,,,,,,ken xxx

LLisa

Postby LLisa » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:21 pm

I feel like there's no way out of this pain--I just have to live with it and keep going and do my best not to disturb anyone

Misty

Postby Misty » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:56 pm

(((Lisa)))
Don't give in and don't give up. It's one of the unwanted feelings that comes with depression. Do whatever you need to get the right therapy that works for you. But there is always here. :)

Misty

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:01 pm

(((((Lisa))))))) Don't know what to say that the others haven't, but you will get through this.

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 am

I just want to emphasize the "don't give up" message. Please keep trying and fighting and doing what you can to make each day the best it can be. I know how hard that is as I also suffer intensely but we need to keep believing that a better life can be ours.

oneway

Postby oneway » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:07 am

LLisa,

I have the same feelings of guilt when I hear other people's stories of suffering. I look at my life and I think that I have no real reason to complain. But I still feel awful – all the time. I see people in Haiti on some screen that separates us, and feel selfish for feeling this way. And still, I can’t stop feeling this way.

Advice seems much easier to give than to follow, to me. It’s taken me years to develop the courage to ask for help, and look for a therapist. (And even then, I saw several before I found one I could relate to.) You should be proud of the fact you’ve come so far to ask for help. I think you’ve come to a good place. We’re all at different points on this path, but we’re all still on it – together.

There are other people who have blazed a trail that we can follow. You still have to fight through the brush, and you will inevitably need to lick your wounds. I’m still not where I want to be, by any means, but I dream of the day where I come out from the darkness to see the sun shining down on all of us.

… On another note, I read an article today about how people who give to their community, through volunteering or through their church, or something, are much happier than people who make lots of money and live alone. Well I live alone and I don’t have much to give. But that idea struck me. Maybe if I can help make someone else’s life better, somehow, I might make my own more satisfying as well. Just maybe something to think about…

Return to “Expressions”