Feeling isolated and need to connect

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

pablos

Feeling isolated and need to connect

Postby pablos » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:52 pm

these last 2 days I am feeling more depressed. And in feeling depressed I feel more isolated and alone. I don't have anyone to just call and say hi, I need to talk. I do all of the things they suggest for depression, ei exercise, eat right, think positive, etc. but for some reason I am feeling down. I have this urge to spend some money, ei buy and iphone, or buy another bicyle, etc, etc. I know none of these will make me happier and they will only be a "temporary" fix.
There are so many things I need to do or fix at home. Yet here at work there is so little to do and I am bored, which does not help because it gives me too much time to think.
I am breathing deep now to calm myself.

keluca

Postby keluca » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:38 pm

(((pablos)))

welcome to the forum

Isolation is an awful feeling and a lot of people with depression often feel isolated. Is there anyway of you getting out to create a circle of friends for you?

As for work...if it is so boring do you feel maybe a change of job/work place is good for you? you could be looking for something that stimulates your mind more while you are working there.

Fixing things at home is a good way to take your mind off some of the pressure that you keep thinking of. If you have some annual leave could you use some to fix some of the things the your home that needs your attention?

Keep doing the deep breathing, I blow kids bubbles to try and get my breathing regular :)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi. When you are at work, bring a book to read, or try doing some journaling. and keep coming here. We are here and we will listen and try our best to help if we can.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”