Obsessional Worries

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

stacie

Obsessional Worries

Postby stacie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi. We are having an issue with taxes. Hopefully not a big one but I can't stop worrying myself into sickness. I can't even give myself until tomorrow when i can actually make a few phone calls and find out if there is even really a problem. I am on the verge of a sobbing massive breakdown. I haven't felt this sick over obsessive worrying since the birth of my daughter. I am responsible for everything financially for this family and it's getting to be too too much anymore. I look at other families and they seem to handle everything okay. I just can't anymore. I am scared and tired and want it to stop. I don't know if the depression is causing the anxiety or the other way around. I started seroquel last night and I am much worse today. I am not one to write off meds without giving them a shot so I am suffering very badly right now. :cry:

stacie

more

Postby stacie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:56 pm

It's not just taxes. If it hadn't been taxes, I would have found something else to worry about. I am just very sad and anxious. i don't really have anyone to talk to who understands. I know what I have is ocd but just knowing that does't help me. Please keep your fingers crossed that this new medicine will help.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 pm

It normally takes about 6 weeks to feel the FULL affects of a med, but you can sometimes find some relief before then. So give the meds a chance to work sweetie. And the fact that you said yourself if it wasn't taxes, it'd be something else shows it's the disease and not the situation. I don't know very much about OCD but i will be happy talk to you. Please keep posting. It really helps a lot.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:34 pm

((((((((((((( stacie )))))))))))))))

As you will find, there are many supportive people here, from all over the world, still dealing with the same issue. Please continue sharing and venting with us, it does help. To find those that do understand and are dealing with like situation.

Warmie

stacie

Dear Warmsoul and Obayan

Postby stacie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:03 am

You both have helped me today so much. I decided that because you reached out to me that I would reach out to someone else. I spent a good hour with my neighbor who is also a very dear friend of mine. She's going thru a hard time and it helped me as much as it did her to talk about our problems. I forget sometimes how isolated I can become. Took my seroquel (halved it this time because I slept 12 hours last night) and I'm going to bed. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:29 am

Good for you! And I'm sure your neighbor loved the company as well. Wish I could do that. Here's to many more happy tomarrows!

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

Stacie - that is so great that you reached out to a neighbor. Very often, focussing on someone else can help ease anxiety and depression. I know how hard it is to do and really admire you for doing so.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:00 am

((((((((((((( stacie )))))))))))))))

This is great! Having someone you can talk with, support, share a friendship in 'real life' is a wonderful thing. Although we are 'internet family', our goal is to show we care. Seeing you are taking it step further is such a good feeling for me. Warms my heart.

Life is hard to deal with at times, but please know you aren't alone, we do understand and will be here for you. Keep us posted. :)

Warmie

stacie

Today is so much better!

Postby stacie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:17 pm

I am having a pretty good day. We have had to take in a 14 year old boy who ran away from home after he was punched. He came to us and we called the police. He will be staying with us until the county conducts its investigation. Perhaps this isn't the best time for me but it's us or Juvey. He's a good kid, just been dealt some bad cards. Anyhow, a little anxious about the whole situation.

I don't mean to give out TMI, but I have noticed a dramatic increase in anxiety right before my cycle starts. Anyone else with this problem. I hope the meds help next month. I hope that my feeling better is not just because I started. Oh well, I guess I'll know next month.

Thank you all for being so great!
Stacie

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Sometimes it is easier to help someone else than it is to help ourselves. But in helping others, we find a kind of healing in us. I'm so glad this young man has a place besides juvie to go to. If only more people in this world could do like you are .... putting aside their own pain for just long enough to notice someone else's. Imagine what we could accomplish then.

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm

(((( stacie )))), I agree with (((( Obayan ))))! I also admire you for taking the time and courage to reach out to someone else who needs help.
As a Welsh writer said roughly two centuries ago: " We must hang together, or we will most assuredly hang separately ."
( PS. Does anyone know what ever happened to Benjamin Franklin? Apparently he left Wales in the eighteenth century with some crazy idea of starting a new country. Apparently, he was always going on about this idea of starting a new country.....The United something or other? Something about America and colonies? :wink: )

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:40 pm

LOL thank you or that smile!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”