Alternatives

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

keluca

Alternatives

Postby keluca » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Has anyone tried any alternative therapies etc? What have you tried and how did it help?

I use a lot of aromatherapy and go through a lot of oils and incense sticks etc. They help with relaxation

I have tried St Johns Wort and that helped a bit when things weren't so deeply rooted.

I use breathing techniques a lot to try and regulate my anxiety.

I meditate when in the house alone and I enjoy falling into the 'non hurtful place'

I would love to have reiki done but my fear of people is too deep and someone touching me creeps me way out.

I like to try and use some colour therapy too

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:26 am

((((((((((((( keluca )))))))))))))))

May not be what you are looking for or asking about, but myself, I find nice music, a good book, or candle light while in a tub of warm water. Self made therapy I guess, but this does help me.

In my thoughts and prayers

Warmie

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:56 am

I find that quilting by hand gives my hands something to do. Helps work out the anxiety. Having a finished product that I can be proud of helps with the self esteem issues. I'm sure any other craft project could work the same. I compare the cost of each product with the cost of therapy. Quilting is much more economical.

I've used 5-HTP in the past. It helped get me over the bad times.

Peace,

Jeanne

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:49 am

(((((((((((((( Jeanne )))))))))))))

My mother use to do that. Didn't realize it would work as relaxing, but makes sense once I have thought about it.

There you go ((((((((((((( keluca ))))))))))))))) , perhaps something else to consider.

Warmie

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”