Seeking Help

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Dame Renaissance

Seeking Help

Postby Dame Renaissance » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:25 am

Hello everyone.
I'm really stuck here. I had been, not getting better, but coping better for the past few years - keeping my head down and getting on with life. But keeping up the act is hard. I need everyone to think i'm fine. Sure they think i'm a bit to quiet, a bit too to myself, but they think i'm fine. I can feel the ground slipping from my feet again, but i know that it's worse this time, i can feel the monster behind my back and it's bigger and a hell of a lot scarier than before. I know i need to get help. But i'm too scared. I can't have people knowing, and i can't do it by myself. But i know that sitting by myself isn't going to make me any better. I've done the reseach, I've had a label for it for years. But now just having a name for it isn't helping anymore. I have nowhere to go.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm

((((((((((( Dame Renaissance )))))))))))

It is a hard path to walk, but walk it we do. Understanding how you feel, know how easy it is to get lost in it all.

Answers, wish I had them to give, all I can say is don't give up, keep trying for those times where you can handle it once again. You do what is needed, just remember there are many here that do feel as you do. Sharing with them does help.

Stand strong....

Warmie

keluca

Postby keluca » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:33 pm

It is very hard and I sound very similar to yourself, The dr's is a good place to start (even just for a chat)

I know when I first went to the dr it was so hard and to tell you the truth, I made an appointment and then cancelled it.

I knew it was too much to go face to face the first time as I didn't know what the reaction would be so I asked for a phone appointment and told the dr that way. It was still hard the next time to go, but I knew that the dr knew and it did make it a little easier. Maybe it could be something you could try?

Hope you are managing
Last edited by keluca on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 pm

((((((((((((( keluca )))))))))))))))))

Thank you! We need to stay strong, as friends, here, be supportive, and I can see you are!

Thanks

Warmie
Last edited by Warmsoul/Jeanie13 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi. Do you have a good friend or a family member that you can trust? They might be willing to make the doctor's appt for you and even take you there for the first time. I would not have gotten help without my sister's help. Take care. Jeanne

stacie

Postby stacie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 am

Dear Dame Renaissance,

You are not alone! I have coped these year and pretended that everything was ok when a lot of times it wasn't. We keep our head high and trudge on thru. I think the trudging is a part of our therapy. Too much trudging can bring on a bad episode tho. I am in the middle of a bad episode. It is hard and I know what you mean by knowing its "label." I just posted about this myself! At first you're like, ahhh I know what it is now. After a while you're like, okay what am I gonna do with this now. Get to a doctor, find a friend you trust, post on here. We'll all learn from each other and push each other along.

hugs to you!
Stacie

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”