Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Stephen
Senior Moderator

How to deal with "A dreaded sunny day".

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:01 pm

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:11 pm

(((((Anyone reading this))))

I'm in an odd mood; so, it probably might be best to ignore me from the outset of this post.

I've had a really nice day – I truly have – as I spent some time with someone I truly like, and did things that were all Sunday and relaxing; if you know what I mean.

All is great, and the Sunday quietude can be fantastic I find these days (is that an age thing?). Indeed it seems to me, we get into our 30s and things slow down (in a nice way). I no longer feel that teenage desire to merely just go out and do "whatever".

Unfortunately, like the infamous "egg timer", time is slipping through my hands and the joy and this final sense of "completion" I feel right now, is coming to an end. It scares me.

These, mainly, momentary glimpses of "happiness" pass far too quickly I fear. It makes me think. Moreover, sadly it seems – personally – these moments it seems are only recognised in hindsight. The everyday reality/perfection becomes confused and lost in the, "Did you do the washing up, or is it my bloody turn again? You've got to be joking, I did it all last week!"

So is there an answer as to how to appreciate the fleeting moments of happiness, is there a way to hold onto those perfect moments?

As happy times draw to a close, how are we to deal with an unknown week, month and an uncertain year?

Stephen.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:05 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:41 am

(((((((((((((((((Stephen)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

So is there an answer as to how to appreciate the fleeting moments of happiness, is there a way to hold onto those perfect moments?

You hold onto those "perfect moments" in your heart. While tucked away there, they will never leave you, guarded safely for the time you wish to sit down, close your eyes and relive them. Those moments of happiness never die.

As happy times draw to a close, how are we to deal with an unknown week, month and an uncertain year?

A happy times never draws to a close, didn't you know? Life interferes with these times, but they never end. Like a foggy day, gloomy, chilled and forever ending. Yet you know on the other side of that fog is the warmth on the sun, waiting to shine for you once again. You live one day at a time; take it on with certainty of happy times shared. One day at a time, not weeks or months or years. Soar through that fog like a jet and find the glorious sunshine, defeat the unknown.

Unfortunately, like the infamous "egg timer", time is slipping through my hands and the joy and this final sense of "completion" I feel right now, is coming to an end. It scares me.

Close your hands gently on time refuse to let it slip through. For you are holding onto this "with someone you truly like" someone that is and always will be right there to catch the shared times, thoughts and memories that manage to slip between your fingers.

Tomorrow can be very frightening, but with friends and memories of yesterdays, the sun waiting to shine brightly on you, the fear softens and becomes hope of yet another time to be together, and yes, make even more wonderful memories.

Time never ends, it continues with new thoughts, new tomorrows, new hopes, dreams and oh yes, all the yesterdays tucked safely away for you to draw from. Time allows the memories to travel into tomorrows.

One last thought, now that I rambled on so, you have one task daily to face. To decide which memories you pack away into the void of your life and the warm loving ones you take with you. Really isn't a difficult task, one I choose to do with anticipation of what tomorrow may bring.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Stephen)))))))))))))))))))

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Nykkytta

Postby Nykkytta » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:05 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:31 pm

((((((( Stephen ))))))

Warmie sorta took the words out of my mouth. lol!

I found this quote:Remember sadness is always temporary. This, too, shall pass. (Chuck T. Falcon)

Made me think that we always seem to think that the good times go away, what if in fact, the good times/happy feelings are always there, and it's the bad moments that merelly come and go? So when we feel down, we can start feeling happy because we know that the bad feeling will go away soon?!

Din't know if this makes sense, I haven't slepped in two days.

My attempt to make you laugh, or at least giggle:

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.
Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?"
Wink

Love to you Stephen!

Nykkytta
xxxooo

Corey

Postby Corey » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:07 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:22 pm

(((((((((((( stephen ))))))))))))) remember that sad times are temporary rest spots for you to regroup yourself and get refocused for the next task you face. rely on your friends here and we will help you through.

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:08 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:41 pm

(((((Warmsoul, Nyk, Corey)))))

Thank you all for your wise words. Food for thought.

"A happy time never draws to a close, didn't you know? Life interferes with these times, but they never end," that's a great way of looking at things Warmsoul.

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane," good point Nyk! Hope I don't expect too much from life!

And with your permission Corey, could I use: "Remember that sad times are temporary rest spots for you to regroup yourself and get refocused for the next task you face," as my signature?

How are you all getting on?

Thanks again for replying to me.

Stephen.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:09 pm

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:11 am

((((((((((((((((((((((((Stephen)))))))))))))))))))))))))

A long day ahead of me, but recalling my own words from previous message. And how are you? Sun shinning for you?

Love to you,

Warmie

8)

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:10 pm

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:55 am

What a difference a week makes:

It's a grey Sunday this week, and I feel like I'm going out of my mind with negativity from the stagnation I feel.

Thank you for your replies to my initial post, and I'm trying to take on board all that you said. Your posts meant a lot to me.

How are you all getting on?

Stephen.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:10 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:03 am

Stephen,

Sunday's sometimes seems to be the day of the week that consumes thoughts and feelings.

You got through yet another. Good on you.

Love to you

Warmie

8)

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”