how do i know if the meds are working?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

smh

how do i know if the meds are working?

Postby smh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:58 pm

i've been on lexapro 10mgs for five weeks as of today. can anyone tell me when they started feeling the affects of meds and how the felt? will i feel better? or will it be so gradual that i won't notice it for ages? should i have noticed something already? feedback appreciated!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:20 pm

I think that perhaps maybe you should talk that over with your doctor... That's the best I could think of at the moment....

Take care!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:02 am

(((((((((( Smh )))))))))))

Agree with ((((((((( Crystal and Vega ))))))))))). Your thoughts and concerns should be directed to the doctor. Perhaps write these questions down and take them with you when you see the doctor again. Sure they will take the time to answer anything you ask.

As with all meds, it does take time for them to work, do what they are suppose to do. Depression levels change as you go on, much like other illness', ex: diabetes. An adjustment on the meds should be done with the doctor, so another reason to be open with doctor, ask the questions and report how you feel.

Keeping a log might help you as well. Just suggestions.

Good luck....

Warmie

Peep212

Postby Peep212 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:57 pm

most meds take anywhere from two weeks to two months before YOU notice a difference. usually those aroun you will notice it first. if you have questions on a specific med, you really should see your pdoc.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”