Positive things that happened to me today is...

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

dandelion

Positive things that happened to me today is...

Postby dandelion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 am

Hello all, i think im going to start a thread on one positive things that happened to me today. And it would be fun if you guys can join too. It can be a reminder that our day is not so bad, and by positive/good things, it doesnt mean to be big things. It is enough if you have one simple occasion that make you smile or make you laugh, sometimes, its the simple things that counts.

so, today, positive things that happened to me today is that i went out and do groceries :) i havent have the motivation to do groceries and been lazy all the time, and i guessed i am too excited, i overspent! hehe. But it was fun, i bought lots of foods and drinks and some vegetable, i need to start eat healthy food! :)

p/s: going to say thank you to my best friend because i used to have this with her, telling each other whats our positive things that happened to us everyday. Love you lady, you know who you are :)

dandelion

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 am

I had the afternoon off work and I was feeling low.
So, I went to a really nice cafe that I like, and go into quite often. I was able to have a bit of friendly banter with the people who run the cafe, and relax over a nice meal ( Cheese on toast and tea with lemon. ), while reading a book and watching the world go by.
Which left me feeling that the world isn't such a bad placeafterall!
( Good idea for a thread (((( Dandelion ))))!

Misty

Postby Misty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 pm

(((((Dande)))))

This is great! We all have a way of overlooking the little things in life. I hope everyone in the forum will read this post and by you suggesting this maybe we can conciously focus in a positive direction. I for one love reading posts where someone mentioned just one little thing that took their mind elsewhere if just for a moment.

This could be contagious :!:

OK, mine is: I actually took the time to paint my nails. Whoa, they were waaaay overdue :lol:

Thank you Dande for always giving inspiration to others and sharing your not so good times either. Until tomorrow then, :D

Love You Much,
Misty

(((Tacking)))
It was relaxing just reading your coffee shop moment. Add a huge gooey cinammon roll and i think i'd be in heaven. :D

Take Care

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:20 am

(((((((((((( Tacking )))))))))))))))) yum yum cheese on toast and iced lemon tea!!! those are my favourite :D

((((((((((( Misty ))))))))))))) i never painted my nails, hehe. That could be fun too, i wonder if pink looks good on me :)

Well, for today, i received a text from someone and it makes me day :) makes me smiling like 3 hours non-stop, lol. Its a good feeling, even if it is a simple text like 'i miss you' or 'how are you?', it sometimes makes our day, and to know someone is thiking about us :) thats a great feeling. I hope you guys have a really really wonderful day! Take care :)

love
dandelion

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 am

My dog snuggled with me this morning which made me feel loved.

Misty

Postby Misty » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 pm

(((((Friends)))))

I don't know if this counts but today i got a simple haircut and it felt good. It made me realize that with just a small effort i CAN feel good and also how easy it is to be bad to yourself.

Dande,
Pink? If you like that color then go for it :) All that matters is what you like, not what others do. When you care for someone it sure raises your spirit with just a "hello". Yes, that means alot.

Mich,
Just looking into our pets' eyes says it all, unconditional love. You can't replace that.

Take Care Everyone,
Misty

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Well I had a good lunch of cheese biscuits and peppery tomato soup. Realized I could wait til end of the month to pay one bill if money left or pay late next month if absolutely necessary, so able to go to grocery store and get eggs milk and bread, now I can bake cookies and a broccoli/cheese quiche, and even splurged on some dark chocolate on sale. Then stopped by my mom's and she gave me more of her homemade hot chocolate mix. Had a good nap, with no upsetting dreams, and looking forward to Olympics tonight on what's being dubbed "super wednesday"...

should I be worried that most my positive things are food? lol

Oh...and I got a friendly supportive caring message from friend on this site and supportive post on one of my threads that moved me. :)

Nice to read this thread with good things that happen in our lives despite all the sorrow and bad...we can cherish the good things, even if small, they can mean a lot!

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:43 am

((((((((( Mich ))))))))))) animals are awesome, they do make us feel loved :)

(((((((((((( Misty ))))))))))))) im going to dye my hair really soon :) probably brown, hehe with some highlights :D

(((((((((((( shatteredhopes ))))))))))))))) ohhhhh! food :) i 'heart' food

well, today i drive my sister to Kuala Lumpur, she has an interview there, and i managed to get her there on time and i didnt get lost at all! all thanks to my good instinct and navigation *giggles* :) and the interview went really well for my sister, but if she gets a job, she will move there, it is 3 hours drive from my town. But at least she will be dependant and get more knowledge and experience when she lives alone :) and thats a good thing

((((((((((((((( everyone ))))))))))))))))) take care, its good to see and to know everybody has one positive thing everyday :)

love
dandelion

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 am

Returning to the forum, even though I wanted to run away from every thing

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 am

(((((((((((((( Crys )))))))))))))))))

So glad that you are here again! you are loved and we care about you!

/me huggles buggles snuggles Crys :D

love
dandelion

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 am

Aawww dande, thanks! :oops: ~lol~ That huggle made my day! :D

THANKS!

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 am

After slightly oversleeping and getting up late, I still managed to get to the bus stop in time to catch my usual bus. ( The bus that stops right outside my place of work. So, I travel the minimal distance in the cold between getting off the bus and getting into the building and stopping at the hot drink vending machine! )
And (((( Crystalgaze is back ))))! Yay!!!! ( Yay, in a restrained " British " sort of way of course...)
Live long and prosper (((( Everyone ))))!

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 am

((((((((((((( Tacking ))))))))))))))))) hot drinks <3

well....today i went to a hair salon, and i did some highlights (red and gold colours) to my already dyed hair (dark red) but black hair is very hard to dye, lol. So, you can only noticed them when i am under the sun or under the light, hehe. I also straighten my hair and i love it so much!!! its so soft and so straight. So, i love my new hair :D

p/s: i feel weird to have a total different hair style, but i think i will get used to it and like it :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pi ... =524121645

love
dandelion

teapIease

Postby teapIease » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 pm

The link doesn't seem to work dandelion :cry: I'm sure it looks lovely though :)

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:20 pm

I had a really bad day yesterday, but today have felt slightly better, not major depressed anyway. I had cup of cocoa, nice nap, and bubble bath...my little perks that help so much. Friend I sent my piece to e-mailed me again and wants me to bug editor about hurrying up and publishing it, she had already raved about it, but guess she really really likes it and wants it published :) Since I got eggs the other day, thinking I might bake some cookies tonight :) peanut butter ones with candy kiss on top...and got idea for another piece to write soon. Have two difficult calls to make, and decided to postpone til monday since feeling okay at moment, don't want to risk spoiling day, so didn't even answer phone earlier...looking forward to ice dancing on Olympics...anyway the best thing is despite horrible day yesterday, doing acutally okay today!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”