How Are You Feeling?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Mel234

Postby Mel234 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 am

Lately I've definitely been feeling a whole mixed batch of what Dandelion has said.

I feel like I've wasted or been wasting my life just sitting at home, sulking. But at the same time I can't help it.
I hate my anxiety and my depression. I hate that I have no motivation lately, not even for school. I hate feeling alone 24/7

Everything is really affecting me lately, and it's starting to take a toll on me.

:/

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:51 am

((((((((((((( Shatteredhopes ))))))))))))))))

I'm on meds now. I think maybe because i have so many stress lately, and on top of that, i have several people that said they will pray so that i will not go to the USA to meet people that i want to meet, it hurts, it is just hurt... I am sorry that i am this negative, usually i am not like this, just feeling very lonely fighting this alone in real life. But i'm going to stay and keep strong, pray that i will. Love all of you

((((((((((((((( everyone ))))))))))))))))))

love
dandelion

Mel234

Postby Mel234 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 pm

I've been having such a tough time lately guys.

I feel like I'm falling down and down.

What do I do?

:/

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 am

There's unfortunately no magic recipe to cure deep depression and and the downward spiral ((((((((((Mel))))))))))...if you find one, let me know, as I need it too!

A few things do help me though through the darkness. One I post and write out what I am feeling and going through...it helps to bleed in ink and gain others insights and support. If you don't feel comfortable doing it online, you can maybe journal...creative outlets are great too, music, painting, poetry, etc. even just listening to uplifting music or old favorites sometimes if you don't do anything creative yourself...find little things you enjoy that comfort you, nurture you...maybe something associated with a good childhood memory like a favorite food? I for instance take hot bubble baths sometimes more than once a day...the warm water is like an embrace and the bubbles sometimes make me feel like a kid again...find things you like or used to love and do them for yourself or enjoy them as often as you can...think about things you have to be grateful for, maybe even make a list, that can help cope and fight off any suicidal ideation (does for me a least)...be around people when you can, even if its just going to a coffee shop and sitting and smiling at strangers or talking to someone in the grocery line about the high prices or whatever; if you have friends, spend time with them...laughter helps me when I can manage it...why not check out warmsoul's corner and read all the jokes going back a while? I have some older movies I watch over and over that provide me a little comfort as I know what's going to happen so no surprise triggers and something familiar and uplifting can be helpful...can you treat yourself to something like a massage or a nice meal out? If no money, how about just a long long hot shower where you just let the water run over you and soothe you...

Anyway, why not start a thread on this site about what's going on with you and that way you will likely get others giving you specific feedback about what helps them?

Wishing you light and peace in your day...

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:28 am

Sleepy.... tired from obsessing/stressing about stuff..... & it's only 8:27am at the time of writing....

Oh who the, how the, what the?! :lol:

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 am

I am....still tired after waking up a while ago... Just feel a litle slow.... I know something is up because my right eye is twitching a bit (something that went away when I took the heart medicine)....

A slight headache.... Out of it basically

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 am

Hope that you're feeling better today (((( crystalgaze ))))! :wink:
I'm been feeling rather depressed and panicky lately, but I've felt FAR worse. So, I'm looking on the bright side. ( Or is that looking for the bright side?! :? :wink: )
I had some good news yesterday. I've been offered a few free counselling sessions by MIND, the UK mental health charity, so I've accepted in the hope that I'll be able to work through some of my " issues " and pick up some more ideas about managing my depression and anxiety. ( I'd be the first to admit that I have more issues than The Radio Times! :oops: :roll: Or TV Guide, for our U.S. " cousins " :wink: )
Got my first session at 6.15 tonight, so please think good thoughts for me about that time! :)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:24 pm

((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))))))

Good thoughts coming your way from me! Start them now so you can take them with you. Like me being there at your side.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 am

Tacking, I hope it goes well....! ((((((((((( Tacking ))))))))))))))

(((((((( Warmie ))))))))))))) ~waves~

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:37 am

Many thanks (((( Warmie & crystalgaze ))))!!!!
I have to admit that I was a bit nervous as I arrived at the MIND offices last night for my first counselling session. Perhaps this was partly because men perhaps ( Perhaps?! :o ) aren't really as comfortable/skilled at talking about our feelings as women seem to be. ( Which can be awkward if our feelings are the problem. Sigh! :( :oops: ) Perhaps it was also s partly because I did have a very middle-class " British " upbringing where things like feelings of depression, anxiety, etc weren't really talked about. It just wasn't the " done " thing. ( Although, looking back, knowing what I know now about depression, I suspect that if my parent's had been checked for depression at least my Father would have been diagnosed as clinically depressed. Although, he tended to deal with his feelings of depression and frustration by isolating himself rather than talking to anyone else. ) So, an event wholly predicated on my talking about myself and my feelings, can seem quite daunting, even if it's my idea!
But if I'm offered 24 hourly sessions of professional counselling, free, gratis and for nothing, it seems foolish not to take ( Shameless! :wink: )
advantage of the opportunity! :) Particularly, as it's quite literally on my 'bus route home! 8)
I met my counsellor, and she went through the counselling " contract " with me, explaining the terms and conditions under which the counselling service was to be made available and accepted, Eg. the person being counselled agrees not to be drunk or under the influence of drugs during the counselling sessions, agrees not to carry offensive weapons into the counselling sessions, etc......( Does this mean I have to leave my Aircraft Carrier Battle Group at home? :shock: :lol: )
And then, we had a brief discussion about where I am and how I got there...Overall, I'm hoping that it will be quite useful. I'm hoping to address some of depression " triggers ", and thereby become better at managing my depression and anxiety. (Eg I have romantic longings for Hilary Clinton. That's not unusual, is it? Only kidding!!!!!!!! :lol: )
But, seriously though folks...Eg. I've established that feelings of isolation are a major trigger for my depression and anxiety, which means that falling into my Father's pattern of isolating myself when I'm experiencing feelings of anxiety and depression can be a vicious circle for me.... :roll: So, if I can work on my self-esteem issues etc, that may make it easier for me to interact with " the world in general ", which may make me feel less isolated, and therefore less depressed/ anxious.
( PS if anybody on this site is experiencing insomnia, read this post again! :wink: )

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 pm

'More issues than the radio times'....Tacking, again you make me smile!

I am so so glad you are getting this free counselling. Really hope the therapy is beneficial for you

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm

(((((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind ))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((( lisalow ))))))))))))))))

Big ~waves~ to all!

Warmie

rachelsnv

Postby rachelsnv » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:32 am

Mel234 wrote:I'll give this a try.

Right now, I'm feeling just really terrible, I have no motivation to attend classes, I just want to lay in bed all day and cry. I have noone I can talk with. I try and I just feel ignored and that hurts. I've been getting alot of anxiety about just doing simple things like going to the dining area to eat with my friends. I feel like I'm taking one step forward then five steps back.
I'm just feeling really down and not myself at all lately.
:?

Hey, just be calm and feel that everything will going to be fine and well, everything around you is just beautiful and positive dont cry it will not gonna help dear, coz crying is not a solution, you have to figure out solution by yourself like first of all try to be positive and believe your self that will build your confidence which result in change in your personality and your attitude, try to way you look like get some new persona in you as practically, looks matters !!

Now, try to meet people be social if they are responding then dont get demotivate just try more and see you will find alot of friends around you and your life will be beautiful, just try once what I am suggesting you here, I am telling this will help.

Be strong dear life will definitely turn the way you want. also, to keep your self calm and relax try doing yoga and meditate every night before going to bed it will empower positive spirits in you.

Thanks

EmmaliciouS

Postby EmmaliciouS » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Had the weirdest day, feeling weird, very weird. My morning was non-existent because i slept really late (weird because one my few enjoyments a life is being up early and going outside with me wine and playing with the birds in me garden):
Then got weirded, i 'forgot' maybe, forgot to eat.. all day, but then had a nice daytime and evening with some nice moments and lot a laughter, was happy but then:
Next weird part, yesterday one of my few friends decided to leave and won't be seeing much/if any from her again, spoke today, but was weird knowing it was the last time:
Then got weirder, person who literally was my whole earth got in contact with me (finally) and was to say their goodbye's and what not, completely spun me for a loop the content in what they said, so, day was more weirder:
Then the people i was having a nice time with started a fight amongst themselves and i left, weird reasoning/none at all, which, is weird:

So yeah.. a nicely horrible upsetting funny alright confusing day :S
Know tomorrow will sting when i come to the realisation that certain people are absent from me life, but for now am in a surreal state.. sorta submerged in no thoughts.. not sure how explain it, like i couldn't think of anything specific if my life depended on it.. weird day..
Don't quite know what to do with myself at this point in time so i think i'll zone out with some music, day a oddness.
But now i started writing this i think the sad part is seeping through so i'm gonna go annoy my cat, lol.

xn728

GOODNIGHT ONIKA

Postby xn728 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:53 pm

hope your feeling ok onika ,,your silent again ,,hope your not in pain ,,rest my freind and take care ,,,goodnight ,,(((((onika ))))love ken xxxx

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”