How Are You Feeling?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Brownie21

Postby Brownie21 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Today is a sad day, I had to put my lovely cat to sleep, he was very sick. But hopefully he is in a better place now and has no pain.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:16 pm

(((((((((((((( Brownie21 )))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry, my thoughts are prayers are with you. Being an owner of a cat, I can imagine what you are struggling with. You did what was best for your dearly loved friend, remember that.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 am

Tired.... (erratic sleep/insomnia; hyper)
    Energy comes & goes.
    Emotional with highs & lows
--(Been feeling pretty lonely, but can't figure out why at the moment)

Depressed (but whatever little sleep I get helps a lot)
    Stressed out a little

--(Unplugged most of everything, since the last light bill was way too high, due to LEAC + protests in oil countries)
--(Using a lamp + candles at night where I can.)

Hanging on, though!! (Class will be done on Monday.... & can officially add the skill to my resumé. Thank goodness it will be done soon.... Onto the next item.)

I have been doing more gardening (planting), as a way of coping. So far, I've put down lots of herbs. (e.g. St. John's Wort, Calendula, etc.) Soon, I will be putting down vegetables; the prices in the grocery store or from vendors on the side of the road are ridiculous. Next will come some flowers.

The other day I picked up some peace lilies. They have been keeping me great company in my room. I dote over them, as well as the vanilla orchids I received the other day. Those are my 1st orchids.... I will be transplanting them soon.... I am a little confused about what potting medium to use. (Some reading I did said rocks in the bottom + moss; another said something like rocks, a layer of perlite + bark.... :roll: )

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 am

((((((((((((((( Crystal )))))))))))))))

You got that 'green thumb' thing going on I see. WTG.

Warmie

new

Postby new » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 pm

How do i feel?

Right now i am so angry. I thought my friends were supportive when i told them i was leaving uni because of my depression. but you know what, its true, when you are really down and really low you find out who your true friends and right now, congratulations me coz i have none.

As i have signed the contract to live with them next year, they are making me pay for a room i will not be living in because it is 'not fair for them to have to live with someone they dont know'. I dont have a job because I CANT WORK i dont have a student loan because i am no longer a student. things could not get any worse.

Why are people so matter of fact about depression. she even asked me if i was looking forward to my time off. IS SHE STUPID? IS SHE A COMPLETE IMBECILE? yes i cant wait to have time off...'time off' from uni.... i.e i am not at uni because i literally cant be i cant think i cant concentrate enough to read i cant DO anything, hardly going on a relaxing break. yeah i cant wait for all this time off, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I sometimes wish they would experience this feeling because then they would know what im going through, they would know how hard they are making this period of my life which is supposed to be helping me to get better. I am so angry. I wish i could make it all disappear.

BeautifulDisatr

Postby BeautifulDisatr » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:34 am

(((New))). I hope you are breathing a little easier today. Unfortunatly I am not in a place mentally where I can give you words of encouragement but if I could reach through the internet I would give you a hug or at least hold your hand and sit somewhere quietly, enjoy the silence and breath.

I am feeling crappy today.... extremly lonely, exhausted, yet cannot sleep -head hurts, body aches. I want to cry but am desperatly trying to hold it in. My jaw hurts from clinching my teeth. Nothing in particular triggered me today but its hard fighting the overwhelming negative feelings that consume my mind, body and soul. Night time is the worst for me because i do not have the distractions with kids, work and responsibilties as I do during the day. Instead I lie in bed and think about what a worthless, pathetic, ugly, piece of shit I am.

buky

Living with Depression

Postby buky » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 pm

How do I say it? I am feeling very confused, having lived with depression for over 40 years, being in treatment for 21 and yet here I am alone, closed up from the world. It is too much if someone calls, I will text if I can, but do not want to talk with anyone. Exercise is meaningless, the dog is empathetic and consequently appears depressed as well. I can't get through a magazine article or even a full show on TV. I take my meds as prescribed, even the Vit D and fish oil. Yet here I am another day of life, yippee, with no concern if I walk into the other room and cease to be, no longer exist.

cathyb61

I like this idea

Postby cathyb61 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:54 am

What a great idea. I was thinking about starting an online diary to talk about how I'm feeling so that I have something to reflect back on. Not necessary now. The greatest thing about this is that we all can appreciate how each other feels. Thank you so much for this.
Today I was determined to get up and do something. Our weather here has been awesome and I really want to enjoy it.
I did. I got up, actually got washed and dressed, did my hair and put some make up on. Opened the curtains and windows and puttered about. Did my laundry. I was out of clean clothes.I even went out to the store. My wonderful Scots friend came over tonight and we had tea and chats.
When she left I jumped in the shower for a much needed scrubbing. I even shaved my legs.
I honestly didn't want to do much of anything today. I've been so tired and feeling lost. I'm proud of my self for these small accomplishments, as we all should be. Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to try to do something new each of those days.
Cheers all and good night. I hope you all have a contented sleep and wake up to having a wonderful day.

buky

Depression centralizations

Postby buky » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:50 am

I appreciate the positive vibe and happy that it works for you.
For me, not so much, i attend many many support group meetings, some 12 step for codependcy others for self-medications. DP is my central issue, followed and believed in all the recommendations, made many friends. The primary result of my continued life for over 40 years of depressive thoughts and physical manifestations is that each day is new, each roll of the dice has no relationship to the next. With 2 offspring and unfathomable professional success I hope for relief from my daily thoughts of the meaninglessness of life. I have dedicated my life to the service of others, with 15 advanced healthcare credentials and a significant income I hoped that the fog of hopelessness would lift. But not today. If I should die in 1 second it will be a blessing.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Restless.... :wink: (I'm getting used to it....)

buky

Today

Postby buky » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:04 pm

today is a new day, no different than yesterday. looking for positive friends to be positive with. Meds no longer work, anxiety continues to visit and I will do my best to cope with it.

buky

Sarcasm

Postby buky » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

sarcasm is an expression of anger directed at those judged by oneself to be ignorant.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Tired, tired & tired some more..... dark & a bit broken.....

Jaymn

Postby Jaymn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 am

Right now, i'm feeling calm and more energetic.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri May 06, 2011 2:59 am

I'm feeling like I should still be sleeping! (It's like 3 am at the time of this post!)

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”