How Are You Feeling?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:06 pm

(((((((((warmie))))))))) and ((((((((((((crystal)))))))))))))

thanks for the moral support. am seeing my doctor tomorrow actually as need another medical certificate to prove i'm unfit for work and continue on my benefits for a bit longer. have someone from the psychiatric team phoning me wednesday too as they know i've been pretty bad and i cant see my support worker till next week.

just feel so agitated and worried. have been getting really obsessive about food and losing weight again too as i always do when i'm stressed,classic eating disorder behaviour of trying to control all my anxieties by focusing on getting thin instead

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:44 am

so anxious it's unbearable

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:57 am

((((((((((((((((( lisalou )))))))))))))))

Here for you, as always. Warm hug for you.

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:10 pm

(((( lisalou )))), hope the appointment with your doctor went/is going well.
Please hang in there, however little the " people of dubious parentage " responsible for processing your benefit claim may like it, if you are legally entitled to benefits then they will have to pay you eventually. Although, it's a pain always having to explain the obvious to them, isn't it!!!! :cry:
I had a a lousy day at work Friday, and I'm seriously wondering how much more I can cope with. As what is supposed to be a public endeavour slides rapidly towards something more akin to a botched amateur attempt at Alice In Wonderland! I just can't cope with the frustration and uncertainty, just not feeling able to cope feeling that everything I try to do or learn ends up as just one more " fall down a rabbit-hole. " :? :cry: :?:
I've had a quiet conversation with my line-manager, and let him know that if there are voluntary redundancies offered in my part of the Civil Service, and if the payout will tide me over for a reasonable time after leaving, then I'll be volunteering for redundancy. If I didn't have clinical depression, or if I had the training and experience of the more experienced " normal " people then perhaps I could cope with the shambles of an " organisation " ( ? ) that I'm working in. But, as it is I've had enough fun for one " career " !
( Not exactly a ray of sunshine am I? Sorry! :oops: :? :( )

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:14 pm

((((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))

No need to be sorry hon. None of us are 'ray's of sunshine' 24/7, and that's all right.

You must do what you know is best for you. If you don't, then who will. Venting here helps and you know I will listen and do all I can to send support, and of course ((((((((((((((( TackingIntoTheWind )))))))))))))))))) your way. That is a given.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Warmie

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm

hiya tacking, good to hear from you. not so good to hear you've been so unhappy at work. hopefully the voluntary redundany will come through for you. in the meantime,maybe you'd feel better if you had a bit of a search as to what else might be available on the job front so you can move on to somewhere else if you continue to be so frustrated

StrengthWithin

Postby StrengthWithin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:49 pm

How am I feeling at the moment? Anxious. Very anxious. The biggest problem I'm having is trying to divert my thoughts onto other things. I have these crazed, ruminating thoughts about all of these things that I have no control over. Death, loss of a job, natural disasters, the list goes on. I can't just let things go; just live my life care-free. My constant worry and anxiety then leads to me being really, really depressed. Totally not a fun feeling. :(

Jaymn

Postby Jaymn » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:36 am

Depressed and that feeling were you feel like you can do anything. A high or something. I don't like it. :(

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 am

feel really sick from anxiety and dizzy and like i'm choking

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:48 am

Slight headache for two days now.....still going just the same

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:17 pm

just woke up

i know there is coffee somewhere in this house.... i can smell it

need coffee

what is that bright light in the sky? has it always been there?

cats..... meowing.... must silence the meowing.....

COFFEE! I found the coffee!

coffee pot........

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Good Obayan! I'm glad you found the coffee!! :)

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Obayan ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Warmie )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

:) I hope it goes away soon!

((((((((((((((((((((((( Jay ))))))))))))))))))))))) You can beat it!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( Tacking ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Hoping better days are ahead for you!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( Strength ))))))))))))))))))) Hang in there! By the way, I love your nick on here! :)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks (((( Warmie )))), ((((lisalou )))), (((( All ))))!!!! :)
I visited a couple of friends of mine last night, so feeling rather more hopeful this morning, still glad to have the weekend here though! :) :wink:
(((( StrengthWithin )))), I know how you feel, I have a tendency to " catastrophise ", ie. go from 0 to existential despair in 60 seconds! :cry: It is DEFINITELY not a good feeling. And, it's hard to distract yourself from it, once you're so " in your head ", isn't it? At least it is for me.
One thing that I have found helpful in distracting myself from repeated negative thoughts is doing something like playing chess. I can play chess, but I need to focus on the game, pay attention to what the other player is doing, what my next move can/should be, etc. I simply can't devote all my attention to worrying and play chess at the same time, my chess playing isn't good enough. So, I find as my attention and focus split between playing chess and worrying, my worries tend to fade into the background and I can get at least something of a grip on them.
It doesn't necessarily have to be chess, it could be pool or darts or checkers anything that you could play with another person that might take your mental focus off your negative thoughts and fears.
(((( lisalou )))), sorry to hear you're still feeling as bad as you are. Was your doctor able to help when you saw him/her? ( Hope you don't mind my asking? :oops: )

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Never been a coffee drinker myself. My old family used to be and I know that they couldn't get that pot of coffee on soon enough in the morning.

My leg is quite sore today. I will try to keep it up some.

I am a big football fan and my team plays tonight. Looking forward to that today.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:22 pm

good advice tacking,it definitely helps to try and distract your mind with something that takes focus. I was doing sudoku puzzles at 4 this morning! cancelled my doctors appointment in the end - according to the benefits people when i phoned them i dont actually need any more medical certificates for now as theyve accepted my claim. I didnt really see the point of keeping the appointment for anything else as it was with a doctor i dont actually know (my usual is on holiday) and they cant /wont do anything else with my treatment or medication while i'm under the care of the 'experts' in the psychiatric team. I'm so anxious I couldnt actually bear the ordeal of waiting in the waiting room,that's always a bit of a trigger for me. had an awful night's sleep last night and still feeling extremely dizzy and too sick to eat much. almost appreciate the loss of appetite though as i am trying to lose weight

monty - enjoy the game!!!!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”