Exercise!

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crystalgaze

Exercise!

Postby crystalgaze » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Alright... I've been wanting to make this post for a long time.... Today, I did a little routine of cycling on this small bike I have.

In between, I took a break, got up from cycling & moved around for a bit....

I think my key to keeping with it will be to vary up my routines as much as possible, so I will start thinking about that.

It helped me reclaim myself from my last episode. I'm not full 100% but I'm at about 80%. (& that's good! I came all the way from 1%) !!!

On another note, I gotta keep cycling 'cause my legs are weak... Oh boy! & I must keep them strong... (They're the only legs I've got!)

Oh yes! & thanks Jonathan! Your post the other day on the jogging was very inspirational & it helped give me the boost I needed to re-start....

(I worried about what clothes/gear I would wear & then I just grabbed a vest + some boxers & started cycling away.... ~shrugs~ :lol: There was no need for me to stress in the 1st place... But jeez, I've been sweating for several hours straight now & have to keep changing my clothes! My goodness!)

I got in a good half an hour workout today in the afternoon. I'm proud! I'm glad.... I'm relieved! I took a 6 months rest from exercise, which was too long!

Fourdave

Postby Fourdave » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Way to go, glad you were able to cycle some today, yes routine routine routine!! hmm am I convincing you or me , lol , I know if I could exercise some I would feel better, Its all I can do to get through work most days. but when I did, some time ago, it was the routine of it that kept me going with it, it felt predictable, I could count on it and it was good for me. I hope it its as good for you :)

Dave

Mich

Postby Mich » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:37 am

That's great that you were able to do that Crystal! Way to go! You are inspiring me to get back at it.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:21 am

~lol~ I slept like a log.... Today, I'm not going to do any thing much (exercise wise)..... My legs are a little tired! :lol:

Maybe I pushed too hard.... but it was fun! I had on some of my favorite music & that made cycling easier....

After the first 5 minutes, I was like, "When can I stop!!!?"

Then, I stopped thinking about it & just decided to pedal to the music.... :lol: That was comical in itself.... (I was sitting in front of a mirror, so of course, that made it funny....)

I used some 1 lb weights doing some arm exercises while pedaling. Maybe that will improve my coordination/multi-tasking capabilities.... ;)

I said I would add variety.... so I'm thinking maybe today I might just simply stretch.... (I have a DVD with some moves somewhere, so it might be worth a look....)

Tomorrow, I might walk the stairs.... & attempt push-ups.... !!!! :lol: or I might jump rope in between doing sets....

I'll keep my fingers crossed....

xn728

yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Postby xn728 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:26 am

your a credit Onika ,im just trying to catch up on the forum ,im having trouble finding what if missed ,,maybe i need a bike to ken

jonathan

Postby jonathan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:48 pm

I'm glad my post helped you out Crystal!

I've been jogging every night since; walking just doesn't push me enough. It does help a bit to change my mood. And it's getting easier. I'm just trying to keep it a habit.

There's something about doing it that makes you feel like you're in control. And I need that right now. With so many things in my life feeling like I can't keep a grasp on, I need a few things like this. Just keep it up, even if you are tired. Once you start going, you feel better.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 pm

Yes, you're right about the habit part....

I'm doing my best.... I'm hoping to do something tomorrow. My legs didn't feel like they recovered from day b4 yesterday....

I think I'll try walking the stairs tomorrow.... Maybe I might try for in the morning... Not sure....

Thanks for the encouragement Ken & Jonathan...! I sure need it... :lol:

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:01 am

well done you guys who exercise, it's meant to be one of the best things you can do for depression. i should maybe do a few press-ups or sit-ups or something but i have perfected the art of the sit-down....

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:31 am

(((((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze )))))))))))))))))))

Hopefully the doctor I will be seeing in a couple of weeks will give me the 'green light' to get back on the tread mill. Back surgery slows a person down.

Keep going!!!! Proud of you!

Warmie/Jeanie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Thank you everyone! Thank you Warmie! Thanks for the encouragement! It means a lot! T.T <---(tears of happiness, in this case)

For Lisa, how about a frog squat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-TnHQ062Y&annotation_id=annotation_559912&feature=iv You can click HQ for better quality.... I'm thinking of trying it out soon.... :lol:

That's sort of like sitting down.... ? :lol:

There is probably a lot you can do sitting down still.... I always used to kick my legs when sitting....

~lol~ When I exercised Monday, I was sitting & cycling.... Sitting really might be the way to go..... (I never thought of it that way....)

For Warmie, I hope that the doctor will be able to give you the green light...! (so you can have more freedom)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:30 pm

((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze )))))))))))))))))

Thank you for that wish. Won't be long until the 2nd of Nov. Had surgery on the 21st of July, so as you can see it has been a long time. But worth it.

Warmie/Jeanie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:47 am

I haven't exercised in a while, but I am working on it again. ;)

Hopefully, I will post later on about it. Recently, I've been cleaning, so maybe that counts for something. ~shrugs~

Mich

Postby Mich » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Onika - it is good to see you back here. I have missed you.

crybaby1086

Postby crybaby1086 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Excercise is wonderfull!! I too have started to work out again. Did 30 mins run on the treadmill today and yesterday. And also worked on the weights. I took the dog for a walk and I must say I feel really good :) I even talked to the lady who runs the gym and she is getting me my own key so I can go whenever I want. And we are discussing me running a class or two during the week and mentoring people who are trying to lose weight. I am kind of excited about it :)

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:52 am

Yesterday, I washed the cars & scrubbed the shower curtain.
That was my bit of exercise there.

Again, I was feeling a little low, but washing the cars was a little therapeutic.

& also, thanks Mich...! :)

For crybaby, that's good you were able to hit the treadmill. That's really GOOD! :)

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”