Exercise!

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

pablos

Postby pablos » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

>>>>crystalgaze<<<<
Keep moving, thats the way. I know for me, when I am too tired to do my bike ride or go to the gym, or for some reason due to family duties call, I find a way to keep busy even if its mowing the lawn(ughh!)

Keep up being aware. You are on the right track.

pablos

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Great advice!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Well.... I am a little excited now.... :D

My room is clean enough, and I think there's enough space to do some yoga maybe....

The back room is also clean enough, and I think I could put down my exercise mat....

Exercise was, of course, more cleaning.

>>>>>>>>>>pablos and Obayan<<<<<<<<<<<<

Again, thanks for the positive energy.... & now.... I will send some your way, as well!!!! ^_^

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:41 pm

It worked! I have my trash out in the dumpster instead of piling up in my kitchen. The dishes are running in the dishwasher as I type this. And i'm about to start laundry. Thanks crystal!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:28 pm

((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))

Me, hoping to be release soon, so back to walking.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:52 pm

((((((((((((Warmie))))))))))))))))) I hope it can happen for you soon!!!!

I am in the process of thinking up a diet for myself--based on my cooking ability, and also what I'm trying to avoid (more weight gain & illness). I am particularly trying to avoid yeast infections/urinary tract infections.

So far, I've come up with:

Greek Yogurt (snack/breakfast).... (Greek because I feel full when I eat it. While it's more expensive than regular yogurt, I truly don't feel full when I eat regular yogurt. Greek is thicker than regular yogurt, and the ones I've tried have been made with nonfat milk.)

Fruit (snack/breakfast).... (A banana probably and maybe some apples! )

Soup/Salad..... (I think this will be the event/major meal of the day. I can keep things varied by doing different soups.)

Beans with vegetables.... (I'm not sure about this, but I feel confident cooking beans because I have a few books around that give tips. :D )

Tea (with my formula of 1 teaspoon of honey/brown sugar plus stevia liquid)

Water

Cranberry Water/Juice (mix cranberry concentrate with water, totally not sweet like the usual )

Shake/Smoothie (made maybe with this powder I use, almond milk & of course WATER)

Dark chocolate (my favorite store brand, individually wrapped, if I go into withdrawal/get bad cravings)

The point of the diet isn't to lose weight per se, but it's to reduce the amount of food I eat because it really is too much.... I don't know how to describe it. I'm overeating and having a hard time stopping. (Usually, I may undereat and then end up overeating or overeat in the 1st place but not eat just enough.... D'oh!!!)

I am hoping by consuming less white rice and other things of that sort that doing so will help to clear up any illnesses or prevent them. Everything in moderation??

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:55 pm

((((((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))))

Sounds like you got a plan going there. Good work!!

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Well, in one of those extremely rare moments, I was dancing around the room for just a little bit. (I don't remember when last I did that.... :lol: I was also singing a little.... )

I'm glad for that little slice of carefree-ness.....

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 am

((((((((((((( Crystal ))))))))))))))

At one time I loved to dance, although I thought not so good. Believe some day someone will come into my life and give me reason to dance again.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:51 am

((((((((((( Warmie )))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm hoping so for you! To me, dancing is more fun, when you have someone to do it with ya!

I would love to ballroom again..... T.T It would also be funny to goof about with someone in those random moments of dancing around the room.

(The more laughter the better!)

Edit: I also keep being so one-track minded about exercise.... (D'oh!) While I'm in the process of moving the furniture out the space I'd like to use, there is still enough space to stationary bike & do some other things.... (& so I don't have to wait until everything is gone from the spot.) I just needed to keep thinking about the situation. (That was my "use-your-head-silly!" moment....)

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:58 pm

only kind of dancing I know is square dancing not much call for that these days.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 am

Awww! Square dancing would sound like a LOT of fun! :lol: We do something a tad similar, although some people would perhaps bite my head off for saying so. (quadrille)

StrengthWithin

Postby StrengthWithin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:07 pm

I find that exercising really DOES help with depression and anxiety. Not sure what sorts of chemicals get moved around in the body, but the extra adrenaline is really, just great!

Biggest problem I'm having now? I don't exercise that much because I'm just too darn lazy! Ha ha ha! Now if I can actually get up the energy to go outside for a jog, then I'd probably feel a lot better. Until then, I sit here and type. lol.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:28 pm

omg.... an entire thread dedicated to the evil "E" word..... as you can guess from that statement... no, i don't ex... exer... ahem... I don't exercise often.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:12 am

I'm planning to restart with this, as it is a New Year's resolution.

Stuff just happened when I was going to get back on the horse.... (The dot, the heart episode.... Bummer! I was actually looking forward to it, too....) :lol:

I think I'll be back in the mix this time, though! (It's part of my whole self-improvement plan.)

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”