I Didn’t Realize How Much My Dog Was Helping Me
Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2026 6:51 am
For a long time, I was dealing with anxiety and periods of depression that made normal days feel exhausting. Some mornings, even getting out of bed felt like a lot.
My dog was always around during those times. He couldn't fix everything, obviously, but having him beside me gave me some comfort and helped me feel less alone.
Eventually, I started looking into whether an emotional support animal might be appropriate for my situation. I was pretty unsure about the whole ESA letter process and didn't want to make assumptions.
While researching, I came across ESA Letter California and decided to learn more about the evaluation process. Being able to explain what I was dealing with and understand the requirements made things much clearer for me.
I'm sharing this because mental health isn't always visible. Sometimes something as simple as having your dog beside you can make a difficult day feel a little more manageable.
My dog was always around during those times. He couldn't fix everything, obviously, but having him beside me gave me some comfort and helped me feel less alone.
Eventually, I started looking into whether an emotional support animal might be appropriate for my situation. I was pretty unsure about the whole ESA letter process and didn't want to make assumptions.
While researching, I came across ESA Letter California and decided to learn more about the evaluation process. Being able to explain what I was dealing with and understand the requirements made things much clearer for me.
I'm sharing this because mental health isn't always visible. Sometimes something as simple as having your dog beside you can make a difficult day feel a little more manageable.