withdraw annoyances

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

JTSilius

withdraw annoyances

Postby JTSilius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:22 pm

I stopped taking paxil 60mg over a month ago as per doctors orders, only now i am getting weird withdraw symptoms, i left messages for my therapist, doctor, and mentor.

focus: have you ever had withdraws discontinuing medications? especially way after discontinuing the medication? if so, what did it do to you mentally and physically?

crystalgaze

Um....?

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:52 am

I wasn't sure if I should put a response here.... My situation might not relate exactly to yours but...

When I was coming off of Trileptal & Lamictal, I would get these random tingles, usually in my hands, arms & head/face, or a case of the shakes.

Sometimes, I would feel like I was about to pass out. When it wasn't that, my nerves felt shot or I was a nervous wreck almost for no reason.

The cravings were bad.

This happened between the 1st month of coming off to about the 1st part of the 3rd month. Eventually, every thing stopped, & I was fine.

Monty

Postby Monty » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 pm

I haven't been on Paxil for many years, so I can't give you specific withdrawl symtoms from that one.

I have been on, and as a result off, of a lot of drugs over the years. From time to time it has become obvious that I had mistakenly (I was on so many I had trouble keeping them all straight) been off a psych med for a a while.

One specific incident that comes to mind happened a few years ago. I had somehow forgotten that I had run out of a drug. I wasn't doing well and they couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that I hadn't been taking the drug for about a couple of months (they could tell by going back to see when I had my refills done). For me that one made a big difference.

It is a little puzzling to me that you didn't get the symptoms until after you had been off the drug for a bit. The only thing I was wondering is if it took a while for your body to be rid of the drug (it took a why to cycle through your system) and that is why you are just getting the symtoms now.

I would certainly make a concerted effort to find someone who will call you back, and get this straightened out. You shouldn't be put on the back burner. Make sure they pay attention to you.

Take care

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”