Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

JTSilius

my doctor is putting me on the last resort medicine

Postby JTSilius » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:42 pm

clozapine, the end all drug
pleasse, read the wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clozapine
im not asking for pity, just read the article and find out what im up against
and what youu may be uo against if other medicines dont work.

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi JTS

I looked up clozipine in my Davis's Drug Guide and also the link you provided. Does the drug seem to help you? Do you take it regularly?

You can just write to us anytime. Tell us anything you feel like talking about.

Glad you came to us.

A5

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:11 am

JTS,

As you asked I went to the site that you noted in your post.

When I first started on this psychiatric merry-go-round, they had a tough time just figuiring out what "label" they could give me. As a result I have been on a myriad of medications since 1988. At one time I had the diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. They ended me up on meds of schizophreia. Didn't stay on them too long.
I know that pretty well any drug that I take has huge implications when it comes to what it does to my body.

Maybe you could post us again, and give us a little more information on just what it is you are up against.

Stay strong.

JTSilius

Postby JTSilius » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Aurelia5 wrote:Hi JTS

I looked up clozipine in my Davis's Drug Guide and also the link you provided. Does the drug seem to help you? Do you take it regularly?

You can just write to us anytime. Tell us anything you feel like talking about.

Glad you came to us.

A5

im not on the drug yet,paperwork paperwork paperwork.

JTSilius

Postby JTSilius » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Monty wrote:JTS,

As you asked I went to the site that you noted in your post.

When I first started on this psychiatric merry-go-round, they had a tough time just figuiring out what "label" they could give me. As a result I have been on a myriad of medications since 1988. At one time I had the diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. They ended me up on meds of schizophreia. Didn't stay on them too long.
I know that pretty well any drug that I take has huge implications when it comes to what it does to my body.

Maybe you could post us again, and give us a little more information on just what it is you are up against.

Stay strong.

i was diagnosed schicoeffective disorder depressive type. panic disorder and anxiety disorder. Ive been on sooooooooooooo many medications its not even funny.right now im on kolonapin, thorazine, seroquil, trazodone, nexium, and pravastatin.(the last two are for other conditions. ive been on every antidepressantand none of them worked for more than a month.ive been suicidal sometimes. I have one close friend and thats how i like it. im just a lone wolf.

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:41 pm

JTS,

Thanks for getting back so quickly and giving us more information on what is going on in your life.

I know that it is important to have "real live people" in your life to help you. If you look back at other postings that people have made, you can be sure that you have just gotten yourself a bunch of new friends. True that we can't reach out an touch you, but posting your story makes you an immediate member of our forum family. Sometimes it is easier to write to people that you can't see. Like I said earlier, that doesn't mean that we don't care, it is just that we have to communicate via the computer. All posts are read.

I was diagnosed as BipolarII,OCD,Major Affective Disorder (go figure how that anacronym is MAD), PTSD. Sounds like both of us have quite a few diagnoses to endure.

I guess we also share the Seroquel and Trazadone in common. I just started the Trazadone about a month ago, and I was sick as a dog for a week until my body adjusted to it. Did you have any physical problems as a result of starting the Trazadone? Have you been on it for a while?

I have been taking psych meds for more than 20 years and that was the first time I had such a reaction to a new one. The ones that I won't do without are the seroquel and the clonazepam.

Unfortunately we also share the suicidal tendancies. The toughest one of all for me to cope with, since I had small children at the time.

Hang in there.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 am

I got it & I just want to say please don't give up!

JTSilius

Postby JTSilius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:11 pm

crystalgaze wrote:I got it & I just want to say please don't give up!

give up? theres too much to do in this world, i realized that and now im not suicidal

give up? nah, i'll beat this anxiety shit one way or another

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”