To speak or not to speak, thats my question.

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

MindOverEmotion

To speak or not to speak, thats my question.

Postby MindOverEmotion » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:55 pm

Life starts out with encouragement to engage and be with people in healthy ways. We start out with things like "hello" "thank you" "please?" then it gets more complicated from there. In my case I'll say things that imply a "I think.." or "Because..." but get responses of "what the hell?" and "I have no idea what you're talking about"... so I go ahead and shut the hell up. But oh yah, that's not the healthy thing to do, damn. Okay so I get myself prepared to deal with this and expect failure because it's how we get better...cool. I figured out how to identify when I can't trust my words. Alright, got it. So I expect this pain to be there even in urgent situations. Oops, when more is expected of me I become a pinata where I can't give what is required without emotionally getting beat up with a baseball bat. Well this isn't working well, hmm....

So, life has started and it continues. "Don't quit, be ok with agony because that is what life is." Got it, right. Its this thin line between peace of mind and living in hell see... I have choices here to choose from: Be ok with feeling alone minding my social contributions, not fret about other's interpretations while I remain ignorantly confident in the mistakes I make, or quit. Quitting does sound nice, but I know its not. My life...

My life is reliably "To speak or not to speak?" I hope I find a better question to answer.

Henry Hudson

Re: To speak or not to speak, thats my question.

Postby Henry Hudson » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:52 am

Yeah I can relate in some parallel way, not exactly but in the same area code at least, and the best advice I could think of is that there is no better time to try to fix it than now, if you give up too quickly you might not find out how much sooner you were to achieving what you sought out to do. It may be months, it could even be days, nobody knows. And nobody will know until you get there, and by then you'll probably find that it was worth the trouble. I hope it goes well.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”