happy but depressed

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

rooce

happy but depressed

Postby rooce » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm

had depression+other mental illness most of my 30-year long life.
Just wanted to see if this is something that other people have experienced as well.

I go in and out depressions episodes throughout my life. sometimes long, sometimes short i dont know.
At this very moment, I can say I am out. I don't really feel depressed, my life is great. nothing really to worry about and living a resume-perfect life. But its not like I was living a horrible life when I am experiencing a depressive episode. nothing is different.
I am living an amazingly great life as a depressed person.

The crazy thing is that even though i am happy right at this moment, my brain won't shut up and keep telling me I would be just better off dead. It is just so much better being dead. just go kill myself before another episode hits me. It is so messed up.

I guess depression is an illness not an excuse. that is why my brain won't let me just be happy.
do any of you go through similar things?

Sadinatura

Re: happy but depressed

Postby Sadinatura » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 pm

I constantly go through these kinds of episodes. Depression more than happiness really but I know what you're going through. I tend to be specifically depressed in the mornings and get over it within some time after. I do have variations with depression just as you, sometimes it is really hard to appreciate life when if you weren't depressed, life would be beautiful and fine. I'm trying this summer to find some good things like getting my license and having more freedom, getting a job to help focus off other things. I think that will really help. Stay strong.
-Inatura.

Esther2290

Re: happy but depressed

Postby Esther2290 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:04 pm

I know first-hand how depression can just creep into life.

Have you been through any treatment; medication and/or in counseling? I needed some help with my emotions when my sons were younger, I was going through a lot in my life and thought I had things “under control” when my son ended up with medical issues and that on top of everything else that I was already dealing with. I was a single parent and was trying to keep everything together for all of us. I didn’t even recognize that I was depressed. I ended up going to the doctors and was prescribed an anti-depressant. I took that for about a year and started to feel so much better. It helped.

I’m so sorry that you are experiencing those feelings. In my experience, I have felt that when the enemy of my soul is fighting so hard to cause me to fall, that the Lord must be doing something big in my life, for my benefit or others.

I’ve found that by listening to Christain music, reading the Bible and other devotional books has really helped me to clear my mind of any thoughts that are negative or not productive in my life. My relationship with Christ has filled a void. It is amazing to me that chasing after Christ is what really makes me so happy and complete. There are a lot of Scriptures that are so helpful to me…like…Romans 12:2 “ And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Prayer and reading the Bible have really made my life change for the better. I pray that this is helpful to you, too, and if you need a prayer-partner let me know. I’d love to help.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”